What's new

Where is new Windows?

Korlon

Still nothing available for me. checked via metro through change pc settings ->updates, and through the desktop via control panel.

beq

Update came available at 10 AM PDT....do a manual check now...

Also about a gig of Office 2013 Updates and some additional Windows 8.1 Updates (for me 1.2GB Total) I already had the Update 1 installed...This is on my Pro 2 BTW

Surface 2 - 18 Updates 560MB mostly Office 2013 as well on top of the 500MB of Update 1 (already had Update 1 installed there as well)

Is this for the Click-to-Run version of Office?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Click to Run Office is updated separately...usually through the Application or through a Prompt in the Task Tray...

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
OK after 10 am PST I got 10 updates for my Desktop and 6 updates for my Surface Pro 128.

NONE of them were the update to the newest version of Windows.

And both computers DO have the required update 2919442 installed successfully according to Windows Update History in the Control Panel.

Got a bunch of updates but NOT what I am looking for.

After installing the updates that downloaded I rechecked and again got ' no updates available ' ... grrrrrr.

Are you already running Windows 8.1? If yes, it will be posted shortly as people are getting them...

OP
Arizona Willie

Arizona Willie

Yes, I do have Windows 8.1, but not the update so I do NOT have the Power button or Search on my Start screen or Metro UI whatever they want to call that.

Are you already running Windows 8.1? If yes, it will be posted shortly as people are getting them...

kristalsoldier

Well, I got a large update on my Surface 2, but on my desktop machine I got an update of about 40MB, which means I did not get the whole thing, obviously. What I did get is (1) IE11 (umm...I guess I am getting mixed up - I already had IE11, I think!) and (2) some apps can be resized. That's pretty much it. I can't resize all apps nor can I pin any apps to the task bar. Additionally, I do not have a start button or a search button beside my account name and pic. Maybe a larger update will come later.

Last edited:

Deckyon

As I have only just gotten mine, and have run updates since last night, I only got about 32MB worth of updates just now. Security updates and a Windows Defender update.

kristalsoldier

As I have only just gotten mine, and have run updates since last night, I only got about 32MB worth of updates just now. Security updates and a Windows Defender update.

Exactly what I got but I suspect this is not the whole thing. Also check and see your browser information.