What's new

5 in 1 Surface Adapter - Legit!

T

TheConstruct

I asked Juiced Systems for some photographs of the device in a RT and received the following.
IMG_3508.jpg
IMG_3530.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DOS

OK, just got my device and immediately tested it with a Sandisk Ultra 64GB MicroSDXC, and it works fine in the Micro SD Slot. It looks just like the photos above with the exception of a Blue Pin Hole Light that shines when plugged in. It also blocks the volume controls on the Surface Pro.

Odd, the MicroSD Card does not go in all the way; about half way. SD Card Slot goes in just enough to make contact (about to the first notch on the side of the card). Also, the MicroSD Card faces backwards. Finally, both MicroSD Slot and SD Slot won't work at the same time.

Although I didn’t run any official speed tests, the MicroSDXC Card copied files much quicker than the MicroSDHC Card.

So far so good!

Last edited:

HD_Dude

I asked Juiced Systems for some photographs of the device in a RT and received the following.
View attachment 655
View attachment 656

FYI - those photos show an RT. The Surface Pro's configuration will have the adapter on the opposite side, and somewhat lower. Just sayin'

Thanks for posting. They show what it truly looks like. As I've posted, it's a beautiful add-on, which works great, and it very, very inexpensive.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Now those are interesting pictures :) Of course the company doesn't really want to show you things like that. All in all the thing looks like a nice accessory for the Surface. There when you want it and doesn't take up much space in the bag when you don't. More third party Surface specific accessories like this would be fine by me :D

Edit: Just for giggles 6-1 card reader.

MX 003.jpg

MX 004.jpg

Last edited:
T

TheConstruct

Received mine today. On the Pro it covers the volume down part of the volume button.

To me that just goes to show that the device was indeed designed for the RT. Which can be good or bad.

Edit: It should that state more clearly on their site.

Omni

Got my adapter today and it fits the RT perfectly. It doesn't cover the HDMI just... but I don't have a cable to test it out. Ive attached a photo. Sorry its not very good.
5in1.jpg

Last edited:

Mr.NK

Super Moderator
Thanks Omni. Finally pulled the trigger as it seems to be enough space for a small micro-hmdi cable. And if it's too close, i'll shape a mm off the cable.

camis1

Works fine with USB Flash Drives, but tried 6 External Drives (2.0) .....Does not recognize them on my Surface Pro....also, fine with an ethernet dongle..; does not recognize an external 3.0 drive. BTW, all drives are recognized by the Surface Pro USB connection... Alas, but will keep it.

T

TheConstruct

Works fine with USB Flash Drives, but tried 6 External Drives (2.0) .....Does not recognize them on my Surface Pro....also, fine with an ethernet dongle..; does not recognize an external 3.0 drive. BTW, all drives are recognized by the Surface Pro USB connection... Alas, but will keep it.

Have you tried using extra power via the Micro USB?