What's new

Anyone else waiting for a new Microsoft Surface Pro?

OP
LastDayDawn

LastDayDawn

With Haswell launching this week, when can we expect to see serious rumors/leaks or perhaps an announcement about the Surface Pro 2?

mitchellvii

With Haswell launching this week, when can we expect to see serious rumors/leaks or perhaps an announcement about the Surface Pro 2?

Microsoft has always been late to the party with pretty much everything. I'm sure the Surface Pro II will be impressive but by the time it comes out its competitors will already have at least a 6 month head start with some pretty remarkable tech.

Surface Pro had the advantage of being the "best athlete in the draft" when it released and it still didn't sell that well. Surface Pro II won't enjoy that luxury so it better be amazing, revolutionary and priced aggressively if it wants to have any hope of success. If it is just a Surface Pro clone with a Haswell and maybe higher PPI screen it's not going to cut it.

MY PREDICTION:
I anticipate an adjustable kickstand, Haswell (of course), super HD 11.6" screen, front facing stereo speakers, more ports, bigger battery (one reason for the bigger screen) and the type cover will be included in the price. There will be 128 and 256 Gb versions. The 128 Gb with keyboard included will retail for $999 making it a compelling price leader in the segment. 64 Gb will be no more. There will be a slot for the pen (another reason for the bigger screen) and the weird magnetic power cord will be replaced by your standard plug-in.

While the SP II will go for a larger form factor (bigger but thinner), RT II will downsize to 8 inches.

P.S., You may as well just accept it, I'm always right, lol.

Last edited: