What's new

Don't sleep for xx minutes button

TravFlex

Hi All,

I often have to down or upload large files, and often from the road while on battery.

Normally I have my surface set to sleep after 5 minutes which is fine, but I'd like an easily accessible button that would prevent it from sleeping for a certain time.

I know I can't go into the sleep settings but that's several steps and I may forget to undo it later.

Any suggestions?

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Don't want to go to sleep? I use Caffeine for this very thing on the PC and the Mac. Free (please donate if you like it).

1. Download from link above.
2. Create folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Caffeine
3. Unzip the .EXE and the help file there
4. You probably want to create a shortcut on your Desktop or elsewhere. (Windows 10 Start Menu shown).

Check out the settings in the Notification area.

Screenshot (231).png

Screenshot (232).png

amarlow

Hello sharpcolorado.

Question: are you doing all your work now, or at least all posts to this forum, using the Windows 10 Technical Preview?

I'm curious because I signed up for and was granted access for the download a couple weeks ago, but have been a bit nervous about the prospects. I do have the new i7 512 SP3, and thought this would be the time to try it, see if I could be of help to the development team, plus experience sooner the brave new world.

~amarlow

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I'm using Windows 10 as my daily driver, unless you are willing deal with unfinished code I wouldn't run it, if you are willing to deal with the bugs (biggest is the GDI Memory Leak) then it works fine with some lock-ups and artifacting...

Haldi

Caffeine is awesome!

The idea of F15 button is nice.
If i ever have to much Time i might redesign that in AutoIt with a Network traffic Monitor and Screen off Functionality and stuff.