What's new

Flash Player

comicaltone

I am desperate to not regret selling mu iPad for a surface. One thing that I am stumped on is the lack of support for flash player. Why the limit on flash player sites? I feel they're doing it for the hell of it.

Also video and game play is choppy.

The only thing keeping this from being a disaster is the inclusion of MS Office.

Tony

MSurfaceWA

Try mobile.HD for movies, it plays everything I throw at it including MKV's. I could never play MKV's on the ipad and the surface does so that has been an improvement to me. Additionally, getting movies on the ipad is such a pain, everything through iTunes, its much easier on the Surface.

As for the flash player, the link mentioned in the above post is spot on, it will play anything you throw at it. This is better than the ipad anyway, which doesn't support any flash.

ArnoldC

Flash-enabled sites that are not in Microsoft's "whitelist" can be opened and viewed normally using the Desktop browser. It'll tell you anyway if you want to open the site in that mode.

R0bR

Ever since the last firmware update the performance on my Surface is noticeably better, do you have all the latest updates? It's odd you would regret selling your iPad for a Surface and indicate Flash as being a reason. NVidia has already stated there is more performance coming for Surface RT as it currently does not take all the advantages of the multiple processors. It already performs well and it's only going to get better as more firmware updates come.

OP
C

comicaltone

I know iPad had no flash support but more and more sites were using video formats the iPad did support. I'll have another go later at adding sites to that list, just tried now and I can't seem to edit the writing...only highlight it.

Also the game I was trying to use was reckless racing ultimate.

Regards

Tony

ctitanic

I am desperate to not regret selling mu iPad for a surface. One thing that I am stumped on is the lack of support for flash player. Why the limit on flash player sites? I feel they're doing it for the hell of it.

Also video and game play is choppy.

The only thing keeping this from being a disaster is the inclusion of MS Office.

Tony

Tony, it's everywhere in the web. Google is your friend. If your Surface could talk, I'm sure it wouldn't be here complaining about you, it would have been looking at Google how others are enabling flash in all pages so you were that frustrated.
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

ctitanic

I know iPad had no flash support but more and more sites were using video formats the iPad did support. I'll have another go later at adding sites to that list, just tried now and I can't seem to edit the writing...only highlight it.

Also the game I was trying to use was reckless racing ultimate.

Regards

Tony

Well, if you can't get that working then definitely you should return your Surface.

That's why I refuse to recommend the Surface to anybody other than high experienced Windows Users.
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

guitar1969

Mobile Hd still won't play MKVs if there is a DTS audio stream in it, which many have - Have yet to get Mobile HD to work.

Try mobile.HD for movies, it plays everything I throw at it including MKV's. I could never play MKV's on the ipad and the surface does so that has been an improvement to me. Additionally, getting movies on the ipad is such a pain, everything through iTunes, its much easier on the Surface.

As for the flash player, the link mentioned in the above post is spot on, it will play anything you throw at it. This is better than the ipad anyway, which doesn't support any flash.

guitar1969

People seem to forget that Apple never officially supported Flash either (i remember Jobs standing up there and saying why). I am not sure where they stand now - If its only 3rd party developers who brought it to the IPAD or what.