What's new

Poll FYI - Do Not Reboot SP3 with TypeCover Folded Back

With the TypeCover Folded Back, Does your SP3 Reboot Successfully?

• Total voters

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
SMBIOSBIOSVersion

uefi.png

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Tried rebooting every way possible.

I keep wondering if the way I installed Windows 10 Build 9926 has anything to do with my good fortune. I did the regular Build update, then did a "Refresh" immediately after the system restarted.

OP
J

jonypx09

Tried rebooting every way possible.

I keep wondering if the way I installed Windows 10 Build 9926 has anything to do with my good fortune. I did the regular Build update, then did a "Refresh" immediately after the system restarted.

That's possible; it may be an issue with Windows 8.1 Has anyone else experienced this problem on Windows 10?

I followed a long and convoluted thread on Reddit about this, which eventually led me to the official Microsoft website discussion on the matter.

Microsoft are aware of this and have stated a fix will be included in the next firmware package (whenever that is). Don't ask me for the links, I cant find it again :(

OP
J

jonypx09

I followed a long and convoluted thread on Reddit about this, which eventually led me to the official Microsoft website discussion on the matter.

Microsoft are aware of this and have stated a fix will be included in the next firmware package (whenever that is). Don't ask me for the links, I cant find it again :(

I've found a few more threads about this:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/mi.../328628-rebooted-then-stuck-surface-logo.html
http://www.reddit.com/r/Surface/comments/2sjptr/surface_pro_3_restart_problem/

OP
J

jonypx09

I can confirm that with the latest firmware, it hangs at the boot screen. I've tried it on all the units at Best Buy...

Mine does the same thing, I'm currently with Microsoft tech support over the phone and we are looking into this issue to find a fix. If we can find a fix over the phone with the drivers then I will let you guys know with a video on youtube. They said if they are unable to find a solution in the next 15-20 minutes they will have one of the engineers look into patching it on the next update.

OP
J

jonypx09

Mine does the same thing, I'm currently with Microsoft tech support over the phone and we are looking into this issue to find a fix. If we can find a fix over the phone with the drivers then I will let you guys know with a video on youtube. They said if they are unable to find a solution in the next 15-20 minutes they will have one of the engineers look into patching it on the next update.

That's great! Thanks :)

So just got off the phone with the tech, he advised the engineers are now aware of the issue and is looking into a fix, but probably will not be patched until March as there is no Tuesday update this week. We were unable to resolve my issue since we were trying to do a system restore back to before my system got the 1/15 patch. I advised them of this forum and the knowledgeable people here that they should look at to get feedback for their products. I spoke with Ken who was extremely helpful and patient with the whole conversation that lasted over an hour so kudos to great support from Microsoft. Definitely went above and beyond what I expected and they are sending me a new Charger for free due to a fraying issue I had with the cable!

OP
J

jonypx09

So just got off the phone with the tech, he advised the engineers are now aware of the issue and is looking into a fix, but probably will not be patched until March as there is no Tuesday update this week. We were unable to resolve my issue since we were trying to do a system restore back to before my system got the 1/15 patch. I advised them of this forum and the knowledgeable people here that they should look at to get feedback for their products. I spoke with Ken who was extremely helpful and patient with the whole conversation that lasted over an hour so kudos to great support from Microsoft. Definitely went above and beyond what I expected and they are sending me a new Charger for free due to a fraying issue I had with the cable!

At least we know that this problem is now acknowledged and a fix is soon to come.