What's new

Just picked up new toys...

OP
T

thefollans

I am sure I will... if I can work out Windows 8. Long time Apple user here.

can't even seem to get my google contacts and calendars to sync? I have added my google account but nothing is showing?

unruledboy

I am planning to get ANOTHER windows 8 11-12'' tablet with atom baytrail for cheaper price, couldn't find one that I am happy with, too bad... the eco system of windows tablet is really bad.

Finally I think I should get a sp3 i3 version.

phositadc

I am planning to get ANOTHER windows 8 11-12'' tablet with atom baytrail for cheaper price, couldn't find one that I am happy with, too bad... the eco system of windows tablet is really bad.

Finally I think I should get a sp3 i3 version.

I was thinking about getting an Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 10. $699 for the 4GB ram model.

Instead, I picked up an i3 version, which I bought with a $100 off coupon, for a total of $699. (I already have an i5 that I'm probably going to return, assuming the i3 performs as I expect it to).

Hard to imagine that I got an i3 Surface Pro 3 for exactly the same price as Lenovo's Bay Trail tablet. Not sure why anybody would buy the Bay Trail in this scenario. Way overpriced.

OP
T

thefollans

Two systems? Wow, congrats.

One is for the wife dleuen. We travel a little bit so she liked the idea of having this for the plane rather than an iPad or her MacBookPro.

I'm a bit worried the interface will annoy her though (coming from Apple) but we all have to learn new stuff!

Zog1971

An i5/256 and an i7/512

Long night of paying / setting up ahead of me :)
Congrats! I would love to hear your views on how the units compare. Differences in heat and fan? Any real performance differences in casual use? Performance differences in heavy use? You have the very unique opportunity to actually compare the units side-by-side and I know that myself and many others have longed for a detailed comparison. I think any insights you can offer will be a big help to those trying to decide between the i5 and the i7. Thanks!!! :)

Telstar1948

@unruledboy, last December I got an Asus T100 Baytrail Atom running Windows 8.1. I still have it (got my SP3 i5/8/256 last Thursday), and I have to say the T100 is a good little "tablet" (10.1" touch screen, USB 3, 2GB RAM, 64GB eMMC). It runs nicely, and I was surprised at how well it did. I've wanted a SP for a couple of years, but the T100 certainly filled the bill... it's not an SP3, but in its class it's a good performer. Going to sell mine now that I have the SP3...my old eyes needed the larger screen!

unruledboy

@unruledboy, last December I got an Asus T100 Baytrail Atom running Windows 8.1. I still have it (got my SP3 i5/8/256 last Thursday), and I have to say the T100 is a good little "tablet" (10.1" touch screen, USB 3, 2GB RAM, 64GB eMMC). It runs nicely, and I was surprised at how well it did. I've wanted a SP for a couple of years, but the T100 certainly filled the bill... it's not an SP3, but in its class it's a good performer. Going to sell mine now that I have the SP3...my old eyes needed the larger screen!

10'' is still little small, especially for my wife, she uses 180% display resize in surface pro 3.............

dleuen

One is for the wife dleuen. We travel a little bit so she liked the idea of having this for the plane rather than an iPad or her MacBookPro.

I'm a bit worried the interface will annoy her though (coming from Apple) but we all have to learn new stuff!

I hope you both can keep an open mind with Windows. One thing I don't think I've seen is a guide for people moving from Apple to Microsoft. At least you've found this place which is a great resource for help and tips.