What's new

Mail App in 8.1 Almost Unusable for Original RT

ctitanic

I have few issues in the short time I lived with SRT upgraded to 8.1. one thing I noticed was that Mail crashed when I was receiving emails sent from an Apple device (an Apple sabotage?). Now I'm using an S2 and I don't have any problem at all. That makes me believe that the SRT just does not have the resources needed to handle properly 8.1. That's my personal opinion.

johninsj

Not really, all I did was to update both my desktop machine and the RT to their respective 8.1 variants.

You are not seeing normal mail behaviour.

Delete all email accounts, and then re-add them.

If that doesn't work, uninstall the mail app (which also takes out people and calendar, so be warned) and then re-install it from the store.

Pain in the butt, but clearly something didn't get migrated over correctly. When in doubt nuke the site from space...

kristalsoldier

You are not seeing normal mail behaviour.

Delete all email accounts, and then re-add them.

If that doesn't work, uninstall the mail app (which also takes out people and calendar, so be warned) and then re-install it from the store.

Pain in the butt, but clearly something didn't get migrated over correctly. When in doubt nuke the site from space...

Thanks. I have tried all that. The problem persists. The only thing left to do now is to reset the desktop machine totally and see what happens. But I am hesitating to do that because it will involve reinstalling all legacy apps, which I am loathed to do.

I have also done the same thing with the RT that I had. It did not help.

bulls96

I had this problem with the Surface RT too.. frustrating.

I have now upgraded to the Pro 3. In the first few weeks it was working great. But the past week or so its acting like its an RT device too :((