What's new

Major sites picking up the overheating Issue

malberttoo

Not true. Same processor, same specs, same thinner profile are throttling exactly the same, and, for most uses, that is no big deal. Just like every other ultra book vs laptop vs desktop choice, every choice involves compromises. It's all about selecting the best balance of machine features for YOUR uses.

For me, and for most users, it is a replacement for my laptop and my tablet. Just because that is not true for 100% of users does not make it deceptive..... There is an assumption that users will bring some small level of common sense to the evaluation.

As to poor engineering........lol. A 1.7 pound reasonably large screened full laptop made this thin is a very impressive engineering feat.

It is way more than a tablet with some PC functionality, as demonstrated daily by those of us using it for much more than that.

If it doesn't work for your needs, then don't buy it.

It's really simple.

Len

Very well said!

ctitanic

I'm worry about the second wave of articles with tittles like: MS promised a fix for the overheat issue.

MS has not promised that. MS promised to fix the case when during a restart you see the thermometer which only should be seen at a higher temperature.

There is not fix for the high temperature reported by some when using high demanding software..