What's new

New Firmware Update 9/29

hofver

After installing the update no wifi, usb or bluetooth. Reboot several times still broken. Rollback to before update everything fine. Crazy

Like all WiFi versions installed on my SP3, the latest one still gives me all of my 300 Mbps internet speed:
Capture.PNG

Nicola

Just in from work to check on my surface pro 3. its now no longer activated after the latest updates. Not on a preview build either. What the hell
Mine still is. I even see new details (but maybe they were there since few builds and didn't notice before)
Capture.PNG

Nicola

Well, for the interested, a changelog has been published by Microsoft:
  • Surface Pro System Aggregator Firmware update (v3.9.650.0) improves booting time experience and enhances the system reliability while docked.
  • Wireless Network Controller and Bluetooth driver update (v15.68.9030.41) improves the wireless network connectivity and stability.
  • Surface Integration driver update (v2.0.1209.0) ensures when using a custom power plan that the selected plan will not revert to the default balanced power plan when installing a Windows Update.
  • Microsoft Docking Station Audio Device driver update (v1.31.35.10) improves audio experience when no external speakers are connected to a Surface Pro 3 Docking Station so that Surface Pro 3 internal speakers are used.
  • Management Engine Interface driver update (v11.0.0.1157) improves the system stability.

Doomofman

Mine still is. I even see new details (but maybe they were there since few builds and didn't notice before)
View attachment 6868

Did a full reset through Win 10 settings, Windows 10 still wont activate. Am going to have to revert to 8.1 tonight when I get home from work. What a pain. I stupidly never created a clean image of Win 10... Gah, all because of some stupid update

kristalsoldier

• Surface Pro System Aggregator Firmware update (v3.9.650.0) improves booting time experience and enhances the system reliability while docked.
  • Wireless Network Controller and Bluetooth driver update (v15.68.9030.41) improves the wireless network connectivity and stability.
  • Surface Integration driver update (v2.0.1209.0) ensures when using a custom power plan that the selected plan will not revert to the default balanced power plan when installing a Windows Update.
  • Microsoft Docking Station Audio Device driver update (v1.31.35.10) improves audio experience when no external speakers are connected to a Surface Pro 3 Docking Station so that Surface Pro 3 internal speakers are used.
  • Management Engine Interface driver update (v11.0.0.1157) improves the system stability.

Thanks! But this update seemed to have failed to installed on my SP3 and repeated tries does not show this update turning up on Win Update. Oh well!

nomes

after updating last night the screen rotation stopped working and also the docked keyboard is dead. Anyone with similar problems and a solution;w8.1

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks! But this update seemed to have failed to installed on my SP3 and repeated tries does not show this update turning up on Win Update. Oh well!
Thanks for playing Update Roulette, the fun and exciting Windows Update game where random effects are or are not delivered to your Windows device and other effects are also enabled or disabled at random or otherwise modified. Better luck next time if you got Zonked. :) I believe MythBusters showed you should always choose door number 3 err to change your choice. :)

dagncl

So after my refresh of Windows 10, I tried removing my Windows.old folder which appeared to still be used by various elements of the OS, and now my start menu won't appear...

I guess another refresh/reinstall is in order. Not amused in the slightest.

Red-Oak

Thanks for playing Update Roulette, the fun and exciting Windows Update game where random effects are or are not delivered to your Windows device and other effects are also enabled or disabled at random or otherwise modified. Better luck next time if you got Zonked. :) I believe MythBusters showed you should always choose door number 3 err to change your choice. :)

Truth ^ - I don't recall any update that produced the varied results, or lack there of, than this one.
After initial issue of shutting off when unplugged from the charger, my 3 is now doing fine.
This situation seems to reaffirm, at least for me, the benefit of multiple reboots.
(build 10240 and no 3rd party AV)

Last edited:

emeritus

YES! - Reliability and stability! What could be more stabile and reliable than rock solid. A rock: unmovable, unchangeable, reliable, predictable, a solid piece of work!