What's new

New Firmware Update 9/29

Kif

In device manager:
Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller

...but I had to reboot twice, as the wifi was dead on first reboot.

Windows Update says:
System Firmware Update - ‎29/‎09/‎2015
Failed to install

So I'm not sure what's going on...

I have the same issue. Microsoft is 'aware' of the issue and looking into it.

nomes

so after a lot of searching and upgrade to 10 i found that i have no drivers for type cover. also the orientation sensors not working makes me believe that the problem is on the magnetic port or the missing drivers.any suggestion?

Red-Oak

so after a lot of searching and upgrade to 10 i found that i have no drivers for type cover. also the orientation sensors not working makes me believe that the problem is on the magnetic port or the missing drivers.any suggestion?

This might explain the issue I had with the machine shutting of when I unhooked the charger - from a magnetic port - all good now after several re-boots.

buers

Was this update withdrawn? I saw it yesterday and the day before yesterday, but after all those issues reported here, wanted to wait a little bit. Today, after reading the remaining posts in this thread, I decided to apply the update, but now I don't see it anymore ...

Grumpy2

Was this update withdrawn? I saw it yesterday and the day before yesterday, but after all those issues reported here, wanted to wait a little bit. Today, after reading the remaining posts in this thread, I decided to apply the update, but now I don't see it anymore ...
Funny that. I am still on 8.1 and after reading about the problems with this update I decided I did not want to install it. So I hid the update. After reading your post I checked my "Hidden Update Folder" and guess what - it is not there. Nor is it in Windows Updates. So who knows what has happened to it. Any clues Mr JN Roach?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Funny that. I am still on 8.1 and after reading about the problems with this update I decided I did not want to install it. So I hid the update. After reading your post I checked my "Hidden Update Folder" and guess what - it is not there. Nor is it in Windows Updates. So who knows what has happened to it. Any clues Mr JN Roach?
It installed without issue on my device and have not heard about it being pulled.... in fact I'm 3 for 3 on this Firmware Update....

I'm waiting for this to be downloadable so I can force the Marvell Driver on my S3 :)

And it is jnjroach or Jeff thank you very much

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
It installed without issue on my device and have not heard about it being pulled.... in fact I'm 3 for 3 on this Firmware Update....

I'm waiting for this to be downloadable so I can force the Marvell Driver on my S3 :)

And it is jnjroach or Jeff thank you very much
Speaking of Surface 3 and driver downloads what happened to the downloads for everything except SP3 ?
Go here: Surface software, firmware, and drivers
This link used to have everything but now only has files for the SP3 and the rest are nowhere to be found AFAIK.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Speaking of Surface 3 and driver downloads what happened to the downloads for everything except SP3 ?
Go here: Surface software, firmware, and drivers
This link used to have everything but now only has files for the SP3 and the rest are nowhere to be found AFAIK.

snip_20151002184635.png

U no like Mr Roach??? ;)

Mr. Roach is fine... formal but fine but I was addressed as Mr. JN Roach which is nowhere near my name...