What's new

OFFICIAL I Now Have a Surface Pro 3 i7

enthuz

I think it happened to someone else in this thread too, but my accessories arrived today. I ordered them yesterday std shipping. So I'm sitting here with SP3 accessories with no SP3.:mad::( The wait is inhumane.

Genghis Khan

I'm a number cruncher with heavy usage in Excel 2010 - layers of nested formulas and Functions and file links. I use also Access for data management aside from Word and PowerPoint. Other apps include Google Sketchup for cad layout and 3D drawing, Photoshop and Lightroom for my photography assignments. Will I go for SP3 i7 or its entry level i3 variant?

enthuz

I can now officially say that I'm an i7/512 SP3 owner. It arrived when I had to leave for a lunch meeting. So I had to make myself leave it until now. Time for updating out of and then in the dock, followed by loading all of my software. This is so exciting.

I can't believe that it was ordered Thursday night and shipped via standard shipping and arrived today. Not bad MS...not bad at all.

DocACE911

I have to say, do you need the 512?? I thought I did but returned for 256. Why? Well with infinite onedrive storage (offixe 365) and a microSD SLOT where 128gb fast cards are $80 Black Friday...

Love my surface. But save the money and get a slick dock!!

enthuz

I need just over the 256 for my normal work...and that was without loading more apps I was avoiding to do. So it was only a 512 for me. Plus I run multiple monitor setups with a swarm of apps opened at once. I moved from my normal office desktop, which failed miserable with this, to a mobile workstation. That screamed, but wasn't portable enough. I was shocked to see that my SP3 has stood up and met every challenge thus far. I have had the fan kick on twice so far...once during initial updates and then when streaming videos with approx. 10-12 apps opened and running there own updates. I'm so pleased with my choice.

MARTRADER17

I can now officially say that I'm SP3 owner. Black Friday is good . Time for updating out of and then in the dock, followed by loading all of my software. This is so exciting.

Derekamoss

Browsed this forum for a while but now that I finally got one, I registered to post. Just want to give a brief computer history of myself. I had been a Mac Fan Boy since OS 9. I knew windows but didn't like it. I had iBooks, MacBooks, iPods(even when you couldn't use them on windows), and iPhones. Well when I came home from my Navy tour I didn't have much money and I needed a new phone. I bought the Lumia 820 randomly, (Android is crap) and liked it. When my MacBook Pro broke down I was in a squeeze for money while I was going to school so I couldn't afford a MacBook. I decided since I liked my Windows Phone so much I looked in to a Surface RT tablet and bought it. It was cheap and had office already installed so even though it was just an RT I could manage classes with it. Once I started using it I said there is no way I will go back to Mac. Windows 8 on touch screen is amazing. So I endured almost a whole year with just the RT, it worked but it didn't do all I wanted. Proud to say now, I am an Owner of a Surface Pro 3 and loving it!

rcxotic

Finally! Joined the club after lurking and being jelly of all the current owners. This was huge upgrade for me from a 7 year old Windows XP Desktop. Picked up a used Surface Pro 3 i7 8GB 512GB with black type cover for $1500 Canadian. And, it has warranty until October 2015 as well.

Now I am trying to figure out how to get eye-fi to work with the machine as well as how to call up the handwriting mode using fewer swipes and touches.

Best Christmas ever.

freed0m

Got a Surface Pro 3 i7 256, indigo blue Typecase, docking station, accessories, and a really nice Brenthaven sleeve for Christmas, I've been using the unit for the past couple of days and really liking the SP3 so far... Will be selling my MBA soon.

Last edited: