What's new

Rat Rating - Found an excellent mouse - Better than Wedge

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
ultrathin-touch-mouse-t630.jpg
I have been using the Microsoft Wedge mouse since it came out. I have several mice, both for my Macs and PCs. I like the Wedge mouse because of the simplicity of the single AA battery, the low profile, and the "trackpad" feel of its cover.

But I've been using a better mouse lately. Much better. The Logitech Ultrathin Touch Mouse is terrific. This mouse has no left or right side to its cover, so finger movement is more like an actual trackpad, including scrolling left and right, not just up and down. The battery is rechargeable via USB, and charges in only a few minutes. Works beautifully on my SP2Pro. This is the mouse I will be traveling with.

I took a couple of pictures of both my mice as a comparison. Also showing the lap desk I often use with my Surface.

Ultrathin Touch Mouse T630 - Bluetooth Mouse for Windows - Logitech

Ultrithin-vs-Wedge.JPG

Ultrithin-vs-Wedge_profile.JPG

MickeyLittle

That looks great. I've been having problems with my wedge mouse as sometimes clicking boxes on certain pages just seems to cause the page to jump up and I find myself clicking and chasing the page 3-4 times before actually getting the box clicked!

daniielrp

That looks great. I've been having problems with my wedge mouse as sometimes clicking boxes on certain pages just seems to cause the page to jump up and I find myself clicking and chasing the page 3-4 times before actually getting the box clicked!

I had the same thing with the Microsoft Touch Mouse, clicking would often end up scrolling! Drove me mad and I eventually just got rid.

I'm happily using the Arc Touch Surface edition now, works great. However this Logitech one looks very nice :D

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Uploaded a couple of pics for comparison in the initial post. Turned the Wedge around so you can get a better look at the left-right separation.

Wayne Orwig

I've been using the T630 mouse for a couple of months now. Very nice, though a bit small for my hand. But then, anything larger would be a pain to carry.
It is nice having vertical and horizontal scroll on the mouse touch surface.

Arizona Willie

I went out and got this mouse yesterday.

Takes a bit of getting used to. Not sure I like the way the front end goes down and hits the table when clicking.
Connected up to the Surface very easily though and works ok.
I first checked with Logitech and they wanted $69 and then I went to Staples and they wanted $80!!!!
So I checked Best Buy and they had it on sale for $48 ( I think that was right ) but with tax it came to $54.
Pays to shop around.

I've been using the T630 mouse for a couple of months now. Very nice, though a bit small for my hand. But then, anything larger would be a pain to carry.
It is nice having vertical and horizontal scroll on the mouse touch surface.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Arizona Willie,

I hope you end up liking the way the Logitech Ultrathin mouse works. Yes, when you click, the mouse itself goes down. I prefer this, because my hand can sense that the mouse has been clicked better this way, and also, the very subtle pressure impact wave on the tabletop also provides the feedback. Much better than the "did I press the mouse button / wrong mouse button?" issues of the Wedge.

phubai

Looks good. I like the fact that it's bluetooth rather than wifi which is what has been keeping me away from the T650. I have a magic Track pad coming off of eBay which I'll try and if I'm not satisfied with it, I'm going to get one of these. The trackpad is my main complaint on the Surface PRO with the surface type keyboard. It's very inconsistent at least for me. Thanks for the heads up on this!

Arizona Willie

The biggest problem I am having with the Ultrathin mouse is that sometimes I touch it and the window I am using GOES AWAY!!

Often I have to restart the program and then it comes up right where I left off. It's more than minimizing -- it's like it closed the program but it really doesn't it just goes invisible or something.

Very strange and VERY aggravating.

I don't know if this is a characteristic of the mouse or if it is Logitech's Setpoint software having a bug.

Looks good. I like the fact that it's bluetooth rather than wifi which is what has been keeping me away from the T650. I have a magic Track pad coming off of eBay which I'll try and if I'm not satisfied with it, I'm going to get one of these. The trackpad is my main complaint on the Surface PRO with the surface type keyboard. It's very inconsistent at least for me. Thanks for the heads up on this!

phubai

I've run into that with the apple magic mouse as well. I thought it was just my old fingers but with the gestures available and used in these machines I suspect there's some more driver work to do. In going to pick one of these up today to see if it's any better than what I'm using anyway.

MickeyLittle

I also purchased this T630 for $49 at Best Buy on Saturday and I love it! I have it setup #1 for my Surface Pro 2 and #2 for my Galaxy Note 10.1 and all I have to do is flip the switch on the underside of the mouse to go between tablets. I also love that this doesn't require a dongle and that it is rechargeable. Great find OP!