What's new

Rat Rating - Found an excellent mouse - Better than Wedge

phubai

So far, I'm loving' it AW... no problems like you're having. Did you download the latest software from their support site? I did that as soon as I set it up although I don't know that a difference was made. It really has made the Surface Pro a delight to use for me anyway. Hope your problem resolves!

The biggest problem I am having with the Ultrathin mouse is that sometimes I touch it and the window I am using GOES AWAY!!

Often I have to restart the program and then it comes up right where I left off. It's more than minimizing -- it's like it closed the program but it really doesn't it just goes invisible or something.

Very strange and VERY aggravating.

I don't know if this is a characteristic of the mouse or if it is Logitech's Setpoint software having a bug.

phubai

Exactly!! Just brought one home from Best Buy myself... almost passed on one as I was getting by with my Apple Magic Mouse, but I'm sure glad I did... what a difference! Excellent product for the Surface and it's made using it much more enjoyable! I add my thanks to the OP as well.

I also purchased this T630 for $49 at Best Buy on Saturday and I love it! I have it setup #1 for my Surface Pro 2 and #2 for my Galaxy Note 10.1 and all I have to do is flip the switch on the underside of the mouse to go between tablets. I also love that this doesn't require a dongle and that it is rechargeable. Great find OP!

Arizona Willie

Yes I went and downloaded their latest Setpoint software which should take care of it, ok.

I noticed this morning it seems to happen when I touch the right hand edge of the mouse just very lightly. Not a right click, just barely brush the top surface close to the right hand edge.

It's very strange, it acts like it closed the program but it doesn't. But it doesn't show up on the Task bar either. But, if I click on the programs icon it pops right up right where I left off with no loss of anything I entered.

Hopefully, todays updates may fix the problem. Hopefully. I suppose it could be a defective mouse but others have reported the same thing.

I was just fiddling with it and unfortunately the update didn't solve it. But I did discover that repeatedly just lightly touching near the right hand edge makes the window go away and come back again without clicking on the programs icon!!

I suspect a major bug in the Setpoint software. I'm thinking of removing it and just using the naked mouse because it responded ok for basic clicking before I installed the Setpoint software.

UPDATE: I just uploaded a video of this problem to Photobucket and I am going to try to insert a link to it.
Well, can't seem to do it.

When I put the link it shows a still from the video but after I save it and then click on the link it says google can't find it. Grrrr
Don't know what to do.
Oh well, I've got a video that shows the problem if I could figure out how to post it on here.

OK, I found a method that seems to work.

http://s251.photobucket.com/user/Ar...OP/Logitech Mouse/UltrathinT639mouse.mp4.html

Last edited:

eelpout

picked up the T630 Ultrathin based on comments here. A bit small for my hands, cramping eventually sets in. Also, the lack of a "tap" option (as opposed to mechanical click) is a bit disappointing since it limits the number of surfaces it can be used on. It's just software, the mouse has the hardware to handle it, so not sure why the hesitate enabling it in SetPoint.

Last edited:

phubai

I've lost a lot of my original love for the T630 unfortunately. I've experienced a lot of what Arizona Willie has been talking about and can't understand what caused it. Also, for whatever reason, scrolling would reverse on its own! I would turn it off and back on and it would right itself, but it was irritating for sure. It's still going to be my travel mouse, but I opted for the T650 and so far, it's treating me well. I don't like the fact that it ties up the USB port, but I have a USB 3.0 hub now and except for the bulk of it, that aggravation is at least minimized. It's obviously larger than the T630, so for traveling, it may not make as much sense I suppose. After I've had a chance to completely evaluate the T650, I'll post again, but so far, I'm loving it. Very consistent functionally and similar in feel to the Apple trackpads, which to me at least, are the best.

Sir Face

The biggest problem I am having with the Ultrathin mouse is that sometimes I touch it and the window I am using GOES AWAY!!

Often I have to restart the program and then it comes up right where I left off. It's more than minimizing -- it's like it closed the program but it really doesn't it just goes invisible or something.

Very strange and VERY aggravating.

I don't know if this is a characteristic of the mouse or if it is Logitech's Setpoint software having a bug.

I find the same thing with mine. Apparently, I'm ever-so-lightly touching it, and causing it to jump back to my desktop. I've found another gentle tap lower down on the t630 flips it back to where I was. I suppose it is a little too sensitive. Maybe Logitech can turn its sensitivity down with a firmware tweak?

beq

Looking forward to try this Logitech Ultrathin Touch T630 Bluetooth for myself, thanks everyone for all the info.

Have also been using the SP2 with my Logitech Zone Touch T400, Anywhere MX, and Marathon M705 (all with Unifying Receiver RF), as well as Microsoft Arc Touch Surface Edition, Wedge Touch Surface Edition, and Sculpt Touch Mouse (all Bluetooth). And recently the ThinkPad Compact Bluetooth Keyboard with TrackPoint.

I'm curious though, does anyone have any problems running multiple drivers/utilities side by side, including:

- Logitech SetPoint and Unifying Software (plus smooth scrolling browser extensions)
- Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard Center
- Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse Surface Edition Settings metro app
- ThinkPad Keyboard/TrackPoint drivers

That's of course on top of the Surface Type/Touch Cover 2 drivers.

For example, should we uninstall SetPoint before installing MS Mouse/Keyboard Center and vice-versa, or can the two co-exist? What's interesting, IIRC, was that Logitech's smooth scrolling browser extensions also worked to enhance scrolling with other brands of mice/touchpads...

EDIT: FYI I just remembered, I never was able to get the Arc Touch Mouse Surface Edition Settings metro app to recognize my paired mouse. Does that app work for anyone else?

Last edited:

PastorShaw

Hello all,

I just tested mine for the problem Arizona Willie and others are having. I don't have that problem. Maybe software updates have improved things.

Under SetPoint Setting:
Under "Point and Click" moues menu: You can turn off middle button click.
Under "Navigate Windows" touch menu: You can uncheck "show/hide desktop" or switch it to two fingers, (which should make it less accident prone.)

Also, I used to have the "Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center" because of my old Arc Touch Mouse. But I've sold that now, since I have this super slim Logitech. No conflicts.

My only fault with it is the loudness of the click. It's very positive, but I prefer it to be hushed, especially for meetings. This probably means I'm really picky about the loudness.

I'm glad it charges super fast. Just one minute gets me a lot of use. And the battery level is shown in the Logitech application too! :) Well worth $70.

be77solo

EDIT: FYI I just remembered, I never was able to get the Arc Touch Mouse Surface Edition Settings metro app to recognize my paired mouse. Does that app work for anyone else?
Sounds like you've got quite a bit of mouse software running there ha

Yes, the Arc Touch Surface Edition Metro software does properly recognize my mouse... I use it to adjust the scroll settings.