What's new

Need a bluetooth mouse without a USB dongle

kundas1

there is no nice on the internet! :D:p LOL but I would rather educate the OP so he doesn't make any mistakes or confusions that will ruin the fun with his SP3 ;)

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well... never say never...
http://www.amazon.com/Goldtouch-Bluetooth-Comfort-Mouse-Dongle/dp/B005XI958M
41Plsmf4ZBL.jpg

kundas1

but that's only a BT dongle to GIVE your computer BT... I bought one like that for my other HTPC in the living room so I can connect my BT stuff like keyboard mouse and earphones... oh and phone

OP
geokarbou

geokarbou

first off no one is correcting the OP that NO Bluetooth mice come with USB dongle... kinda defeats the purpose of BT mouse... I have to say I'm kinda disappointed you guys didn't correct this.. no points will be awarded on this... LOL now to answer the OP question there is tons of cheap choices on eBay for BT mice... and there is a few good sized BT mice at your nearest computer stores and electronic stores ;) :)

Correct me if I am wrong but I think some bluetooth devices (mice including) use their own specific bluetooth protocol version making it hard and sometimes impossible to pair to it without a USB dongle (If that's not the case consider me educated to the matters bluetooth :D). That's why I wanted to get some suggestions on bluetooth mice that work for certain without a USB dongle. Plus I needed personal experience and satisfaction input by you guys :rolleyes:

kundas1

nope, I have never ever needed a USB BT dongle for my mice... I have had a TON of BT mice from MS to Logitech to no name brands and they have always worked flawless with my BT enabled devices... only time you will need a USB BT dongle is because your PC/laptop/device ISN'T BT enabled... trust me just buy a cheapy Chinese BT mouse from eBay and you will be fine...

Friendly

yeh, I was thinking to myself that even if a mouse were to come with a USB dongle, it's Bt, not RF, you can still connect...that's what Bt does! :)

GTiceman

I use the Logitech MX Anywhere 2 and love it. I use it on two systems right now, as it has three BT connection memory slots, or you can assign any or all to the unifying receiver. It is small but ergonomic and I actually use it all day long as my primary mouse as well as travel.