What's new

screen lights up when switching on

patpat

I just got my Surface Pro 3 (i5/4GiB RAM/128GiB SSD) since yesterday, everything works fine but there is something that confused me. Everytime I switch on the device or unlock after standby, the screen lights up very bright for a fraction of a second. Is this a normal issue of Windows 10, missing drivers or damaged hardware?

Thanks and sorry for my terrible school English.

ScottyS

I just got my Surface Pro 3 (i5/4GiB RAM/128GiB SSD) since yesterday, everything works fine but there is something that confused me. Everytime I switch on the device or unlock after standby, the screen lights up very bright for a fraction of a second. Is this a normal issue of Windows 10, missing drivers or damaged hardware?

Thanks and sorry for my terrible school English.
It seems most everybody's been getting this after the May 19, 2015 firmware update.
See Boot Up ScreenFlashes White and Poll Who's experiencing white flashes during startup/restart?

And BTW, your English is fine, welcome to the Forum.

OP
P

patpat

It's the graphics driver causing the problem, but most people blow it out of proportion.

Is the grapics driver already loaded before Windows boots up? I've tried to install the newest version from Intel, but nothing has changed.