What's new

Screen protectors for SP3?

Bijoy Bijoy

Have seen some of the threads now on screen protectors for the SP3, but I don't know which screen protector is the "best" one.
So anyone have any recommendations?
Have heard that you can't write with the pen on some while others don't give proper touch functionality or even makes the screen go haywire.

ipaq_101

The illumnishield hd is by far the best one. The quality and price can't be beat.

That's my experience, other users might have their own 'best'.

OP
J

jbowden

I picked up a Zagg Glass SP3 protector this evening at Best Buy. I plan to install it later today. I have a Zagg Glass protector on my Samsung phone and it is by far the best one I have had. The cost is a bit high for the SP3 protector. $49 + Tax.

fonzman78

I picked up a Zagg Glass SP3 protector this evening at Best Buy. I plan to install it later today. I have a Zagg Glass protector on my Samsung phone and it is by far the best one I have had. The cost is a bit high for the SP3 protector. $49 + Tax.

I haven't used a screen protector on any of my Surfaces or my phones. Then a couple weeks ago, I noticed a large scratch on my HTX 8x. Nothing major but definitely noticeable. I figured that if this could happen to my phone regardless of how careful I have been, it could happen to my SP3.

I decided I wanted to get a screen protector just to be safe. Best Buy had the Zagg Glass screen protector for $50. I decided to try it. They installed it for $8 (well worth it).

The Glass protector is fantastic. Well worth the money. It feels just like.... glass. You can't really tell the difference between the protector and the actual SP3 screen. The touch screen functionality isn't affected at all. Pinch to zoom and scrolling all work with no issues. The pen works as before. I've used it for note taking the last two weeks and it is the same feeling.

I really like knowing that my SP3 screen is protected from any scratching and that it feels exactly like the real screen. Zagg claims that if you drop the SP3 or if something causes the screen to shatter, then the glass protector will be what shatters and will prevent the actual screen from shattering also. I will have to trust them on that claim as I don't care to test it.

Liam2349

I haven't used a screen protector on any of my Surfaces or my phones. Then a couple weeks ago, I noticed a large scratch on my HTX 8x. Nothing major but definitely noticeable. I figured that if this could happen to my phone regardless of how careful I have been, it could happen to my SP3.

I decided I wanted to get a screen protector just to be safe. Best Buy had the Zagg Glass screen protector for $50. I decided to try it. They installed it for $8 (well worth it).

The Glass protector is fantastic. Well worth the money. It feels just like.... glass. You can't really tell the difference between the protector and the actual SP3 screen. The touch screen functionality isn't affected at all. Pinch to zoom and scrolling all work with no issues. The pen works as before. I've used it for note taking the last two weeks and it is the same feeling.

I really like knowing that my SP3 screen is protected from any scratching and that it feels exactly like the real screen. Zagg claims that if you drop the SP3 or if something causes the screen to shatter, then the glass protector will be what shatters and will prevent the actual screen from shattering also. I will have to trust them on that claim as I don't care to test it.

Are you sure it doesn't effect the pen?

hh83917

Had illumishield blue light screen protector on SP3, I had it on SP2. Works terrible with the SP3 because the pen nib is different. I returned the iLLumishield for SP3 to Amazon for refund.

Saw the new Zagg glass protector for SP3 at BestBuy for around $50. Got those and it works great because it is a layer of glass and does not wear the SP3 tip. The SP3 pen glides through it without drag like on the raw screen.

I'm only picky that the glass screen protector is a little smaller cut vs the SP3 screen. After applying there is this tiny spacing of 0.2-0.3 mm smaller on left and right side of screen. But I see no problem about it and was just me being extremely picky about fit.

Overall, I would highly recommend the ZAGG glass protector for SP3 as the SP3 pen tip is different from the SP2 wacom durable plastic tip. Just go get it, you'll be happy with it.

Liam2349

Had illumishield blue light screen protector on SP3, I had it on SP2. Works terrible with the SP3 because the pen nib is different. I returned the iLLumishield for SP3 to Amazon for refund.

Saw the new Zagg glass protector for SP3 at BestBuy for around $50. Got those and it works great because it is a layer of glass and does not wear the SP3 tip. The SP3 pen glides through it without drag like on the raw screen.

I'm only picky that the glass screen protector is a little smaller cut vs the SP3 screen. After applying there is this tiny spacing of 0.2-0.3 mm smaller on left and right side of screen. But I see no problem about it and was just me being extremely picky about fit.

Overall, I would highly recommend the ZAGG glass protector for SP3 as the SP3 pen tip is different from the SP2 wacom durable plastic tip. Just go get it, you'll be happy with it.

Are you referring to the Zagg High Definition screen protector? The HD one has a glass feel, the site says, but I can't find the Zagg GLASS protector.

Liam2349