What's new

Screen Protector for SP3

cdf3

I have tried the ZAGG invisible shield as sold at Best Buy $40. Once applied the screen went crazy.....almost as though the screen was being pressed in multiple places at one time. It would bounce around and would not allow me to use SP3.

I also tried ArmorSuit Military shield as sold on Amazon $12.95. This protector is sold as HD, very clear. It is NOT. The screen became a bit darker and very grainy. It was difficult to touch/actuate any items on the screen as the protector seems to be too thick.

Any other suggestion of protectors that work?

Does it fit w the type cover?

I'd recommend the iLLumishield HD Screen Protectors. They also have a Matte and Blue Light version, but I'm not sure how well they work. I have the HD version, and it works very well on my Surface Pro 3. I originally purchased the Xtremeguard, but it would not lay down flush around the front camera cutout, and it left a glue residue all over my screen when I removed it. It was very difficult to remove all of the left over residue.
I can't even tell I have a screen protector on with the iLLumishield HD. The cut outs are perfect as well.

http://www.illumishieldstore.com/iL...archPage=1&searchRank=salesrank&searchSize=12

Klownicle

You might as well start adding those plastic keyboard covers for all our surface type covers o_0. Oh the good ole days.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I tried the Illumishield matte - and did not like it. I was able to eliminate all bubbles, etc. okay, but The feel was changed too much for me, and the pen action felt artificial. Good product, but not for me on this device.

I have the Phatom Glass on order. Will post those results. I like the similar glass cover on my iPhone.

OP
ipaq_101

ipaq_101

I tried the Illumishield matte - and did not like it. I was able to eliminate all bubbles, etc. okay, but The feel was changed too much for me, and the pen action felt artificial. Good product, but not for me on this device.

I have the Phatom Glass on order. Will post those results. I like the similar glass cover on my iPhone.

Please let us know with pictures! I have one on my Samsung S4 and I will never mess with non-glass screen protectors again. There are so many vendors for phones, but haven't found a legitimate review for the SP3 yet.

Although I must say I am very satisfied with the Illumishield (the HD version, not matte) screen protector, can't even tell it's on.

OP
ipaq_101

ipaq_101

Find it hard to draw in Fresh paint with the HD version screen protector pasted today

I use fresh paint without a problem, I would suggest you leave it on a few days and see if it improves.

I remember right after I installed it whenever I used the pen you can see air bubbles/scratches on the screen protector, which would eventually disappear. Having it on nearly a month, I don't see any air bubbles or scratches anymore. Almost like the screen protector needed a break-in period.

I hope it works out for you.

Chris Stephen

I just bought this one last night (Sunday night). I received a notification two hours later that it "shipped." I'll report back when I get it but MIME has a good reputation and I love the glass screen protector on my Galaxy S5. Hopefully it doesn't interfere with the keyboard.

http://mimeusa.com/product/surface-pro-3-ghost-glass-screen-protector/

Not cheap though.

I got this for my SP3 i7 and it is excellent. Can't even tell it's there and the pen works just like it did without the ghost glass. Doesn't wear down the tip or anything. It's great!

Reactions: kvr
K

Katmandoo122

I got this for my SP3 i7 and it is excellent. Can't even tell it's there and the pen works just like it did without the ghost glass. Doesn't wear down the tip or anything. It's great!
Just put mine in today. Not smudge proof but can't tell it's there.

uploadfromtaptalk1408049595442.jpg

Reactions: kvr