What's new

Solved Surface 3 Drivers

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Someone at Microsoft made a mistake... this used to be a much longer list that included the other files for other surfaces as well. I checked a couple of previously published links to Surface 3 Drivers and they come to the same place. Id assume they may be in the process of making separate links for each but it hasn't materialized yet. In the meantime one option may be to chat with MS Support and ask them for a download location. They used to provide case specific files for download but I'm not sure if they will do that. otherwise waiting for them to correct it or finding it elsewhere (potentially risky) seem to be your only options. It was getting kind of messy the way it was before. Id like to see them have prior versions available as well as sometimes the latest isn't really the greatest.

Sandy

I have a Surface 3 (10.8"). My audio has failed 3-4 times since I bought. Each time I have to reinitialize and I lose web pages and other files. How is this fixed permanently? PS: I bought the 3 with Win 10, not downloaded 10 after having W8.1 .

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have tried reinstalling the drivers and even doing a reset but the problem always comes back. Unless someone is aware of another driver that works which I haven't heard of we will have to wait for Microsoft to move off of dead center and fix the driver. Unfortunately they have their hands full with SP4 and Windows 10 in general and a last ditch effort to make a showing in the Phone market. Fixing a nuisance audio problem probably doesn't rate high on the priority list.