What's new

Surface Pro 4 Lot Numbers

OP
G

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
There's no solid evidence yet that one lot number is substantially better or worse than another. It does seem there are differences from one unit to another some are good others not so much.

dman27

Lot 1547
I checked for Screen bleed in the Store.
it updating now, but it seems to be running better now before the updates

Last edited:

stevae

i5-8gb-256gb lot 1542

...and i have almost none of the problems everyone else is reporting. mine works great.

dstrauss

i5-8gb-256gb lot 1542

...and i have almost none of the problems everyone else is reporting. mine works great.

1552 and a sweet machine...(and it is nearly silent - rare fan use and fairly quiet when spinning). If they just fix (dis)connected standby...

Note to self - no more buying Surface devices until three months after first release!

alexd88

i recived today my excange lot 1552 ( one small light bleed on the butom of the screen) much better then 1545. they also send to me a screen protection for my new surface (the one witch i send had one installed) very nice from them

OP
G

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm curious how many updates had to be applied to the 1552 Lot number machines? Did you have Firmware updates? Was W10 1511 installed?

alexd88

i updated to 1511 and a lot of cumulative updates, deffender update, and an update of surface firmware. The entire update take almost 3h.
I saw a little glitch on 0% luminosity screen has a little flickering (as 1545 when i solved it but i don't know how i did it i forgot :|) and now i must stay on 15%