What's new

Surface Tweak Tool for Surface Pro 2 - Release!

Akayllin

This looks great! I am left handed and would love to try it and give you feed back in that area as I see that you said nobody has given input on that matter. Really interested in trying the 308 and 80 point calibrations but my question is do I nedd to do anything special? I don't have any wacom drivers installed manually (only whatever was installed through windows updates) but when i ran the command for the 273 point calibration from another website it said you needed to modify your registry in order to properly reset your calibration to default. Is this taken into account or automatically performed with your tweak?

273 calibration i used: [HOW TO] PROPERLY calibrate your PEN and fix those stupid corners (273 test points) - xda-developers

beepFTW

I believe that only applies if you have the wacom drivers installed. I could be wrong. I have done no registry tweaks on my end.

Akayllin

just downloaded and tested the 80 point configuration left handed. worked perfect, accurate just as described except for the left edge. The bottom, top and right edges are perfect minus a tiny bit of offset on the top right corner but that might have been me. the only part that is a little off really is the left side but i'mm 100% sure that's because the calibration started about a millimeter from the left side and that millimeter margin is where its not very accurate. if you could make the calibration include the very edge wall like you did in the right and bottom i think it would fix it possibly. i will try and re-calibrate again and be very careful in the top right corner. if you want to see if it is on everyone's, you can see if the cursor starts to get ahead of the pen as you move at a 45 angle towards the top right corner

OP
G

GoodBytes

Thanks Akayllin! :)

The software does not work with Wacom drivers (I can't get it to work with the latest Wacom drivers :/), only with the Surface Pro default driver provided by Microsoft with the system. The software handles everything for you to make the calibration work.

Thanks for the feedback for left handed support. I'll look into it. I should have an update soon.

Kroywen

Hi .... just want to chime in that this tool is great and I've had really good luck with the calibration. One request and not sure if it's possible, but could you support portrait mode calibration as well? I tend to use OneNote in portrait mode and the accuracy is completely off. One I've run through your calibration, Landscape mode works fine.

OP
G

GoodBytes

New Version - 1.0 Build 420
  • New - Start Windows' Personalize Handwriting Recognition panel under Pen Calibration section
  • New - Left handed pen calibration option (80-points calibration only)
  • New - Portrait and Landscape pen calibration. Simply turn the Surface Pro in portrait mode, and the software will execute the proper calibration.
  • New - Works with Surface Pro 3 (all options are available except pen calibration)
  • Font size fix for About and System information panels
  • Minor interface fixes and improvements.

Download: http://www.nvgpupro.com/surfacetweaktool/Surface_Tweak_Tool.zip
This is version 1.0.0.420

OP
G

GoodBytes

Hi .... just want to chime in that this tool is great and I've had really good luck with the calibration. One request and not sure if it's possible, but could you support portrait mode calibration as well? I tend to use OneNote in portrait mode and the accuracy is completely off. One I've run through your calibration, Landscape mode works fine.

Your wish came true :)
Hope its helpful and working well for you.
Let me know :D

chobo

New Version - 1.0 Build 420
  • New - Start Windows' Personalize Handwriting Recognition panel under Pen Calibration section
  • New - Left handed pen calibration option (80-points calibration only)
  • New - Portrait and Landscape pen calibration. Simply turn the Surface Pro in portrait mode, and the software will execute the proper calibration.
  • New - Works with Surface Pro 3 (all options are available except pen calibration)
  • Font size fix for About and System information panels
  • Minor interface fixes and improvements.

Download: http://www.nvgpupro.com/surfacetweaktool/Surface_Tweak_Tool.zip
This is version 1.0.0.420

Hi GoodBytes,
Thanks so much for creating such a nice tool! The pen calibration tool works great on the landscape mode. I was excited to try the portrait mode on the new version. However it does not seem to be working, at least on my Surface Pro. Every time after I run the calibration, the pen pointer ends up nowhere land. In other words, for example, if I point the pen on the center of the screen, the pointer shows up on the very edge of the right hand side of the screen. To fix it, I need to delete the pen coordinates in the registry and reboot. Wonder if anybody else is having the issue.

OP
G

GoodBytes

Hi GoodBytes,
Thanks so much for creating such a nice tool! The pen calibration tool works great on the landscape mode. I was excited to try the portrait mode on the new version. However it does not seem to be working, at least on my Surface Pro. Every time after I run the calibration, the pen pointer ends up nowhere land. In other words, for example, if I point the pen on the center of the screen, the pointer shows up on the very edge of the right hand side of the screen. To fix it, I need to delete the pen coordinates in the registry and reboot. Wonder if anybody else is having the issue.

That is strange, everything worked on my side.
Is that with the 80 point calibration?

chobo

That is strange, everything worked on my side.
Is that with the 80 point calibration?

The 273 point calibration. I just tried the 80 point calibration and it worked! But the pen accuracy is still a tad off on some part of the screen so I really like to do the 273 calibration.