What's new

surface update now unusable

Dutchpiet

Hi have had surface RT since last year had limited connection problems later cured,
Now its back again and needs rebooting a lot a never ending cycle, a shame as its not a bad tablet no wonder its being discounted in stores,
Not reliable and likely to suffer the same as HP Touchpad over priced and abandoned,
Lucky to be able to post this, before it goes wrong again, oh back to my BlackBerry playbook it has never failed to work or need rebooting ever,
Now key board will not stay up to type another gremlin,

kristalsoldier

Have you tried resetting the device? By resetting I mean "remove everything and reinstalling Windows" from PC Settings? You really should not have to be doing this, but such are the vagaries of technology! IF you do reset your device, be sure to save your data though - I am sure you will do so, but I had to mention it as it is virtually a standard flag one must raise when suggesting the reset option. Good luck!

guitar1969

The problem with the "System refresh" is it is misleading, it is more like a factory reset but keeps your data. The most painful part is all the updates have to be reinstalled and a lot of recustomizing. Same on the normal Win 8. I would not do it unless absolutely necessary anymore, as its a pain.

R0bR

The most painful part is all the updates have to be reinstalled and a lot of recustomizing. Same on the normal Win 8. I would not do it unless absolutely necessary anymore, as its a pain.

Agree on the updates which are slow to process, but if you're on 8.1 there is no "recustomizing" since your latest app list and start screen setup is sync'd to the cloud. Obviously on full Windows 8.1 you don't get legacy apps reinstalled.

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8

ArcticDX

Just to throw in some confusion: Could the connection problem be related to your router? I ask because I had a similar problem with my Galaxy S4 mobile and my dlink router. The Galaxy kept losing connection every few minutes or even seconds. I had to change some parameters in the router for the Galaxy to stay connected - now it works flawlessly.