What's new

Today's firmware update 6/23/2015

Kintaro

Hello everyone!

Though the update went well for me, the version of the UEFI has not been changed as stated in the update history to v3.11.950.0.
It is still v2.16.1243.

IMAG1983.jpg

Does anyone have the same issue?

Grumpy2

Well after the disaster with the May 2015 Firmware update ( I now get two white flashes every time I turn on or wake my device) I will not be doing any more updates. (If it is not broke why fix it.) It is obvious to me that the people at Microsoft have not a clue as to what they are doing. If they did they would not be continually putting out updates. The software people at Microsoft really need to lift their game and improve the quality of the software/firmware that they are releasing. I have all of my devices (computers/phones/tablets not to do automatic updates and have so for the last ten to fifteen years). In the business world I have seen too many disasters caused by people who cannot write software properly. Unfortunately I do not trust people who are Developers/ software engineers/programmers etc anymore. By continually installing updates all you are doing is creating more problems than you are solving. And it becomes a never ending merry go round. Perhaps a bit more accountability from people who work in the IT industry would help. And all of these updates eat into the available space on your device.

tarrant64

Well after the disaster with the May 2015 Firmware update ( I now get two white flashes every time I turn on or wake my device) I will not be doing any more updates. (If it is not broke why fix it.) It is obvious to me that the people at Microsoft have not a clue as to what they are doing. If they did they would not be continually putting out updates. The software people at Microsoft really need to lift their game and improve the quality of the software/firmware that they are releasing. I have all of my devices (computers/phones/tablets not to do automatic updates and have so for the last ten to fifteen years). In the business world I have seen too many disasters caused by people who cannot write software properly. Unfortunately I do not trust people who are Developers/ software engineers/programmers etc anymore. By continually installing updates all you are doing is creating more problems than you are solving. And it becomes a never ending merry go round. Perhaps a bit more accountability from people who work in the IT industry would help. And all of these updates eat into the available space on your device.

And had no updates ever been released you would be the exact same person saying no one cares, they need to up their game and release more updates to make things better, no? Maybe that's assuming too much on your part.

Come on, seriously?

Accountability is the courage to admit when there are mistakes and make an honest effort to improve things through updates, firmware, patches, etc. Not many other companies other than Apple are probably working harder than Microsoft at this point - and I personally feel they can do more. But I can also appreciate the level of commitment that goes into rapid release cycle to get to the next step faster.

Your viewpoint of never doing updates, not trusting developers, software engineers, whatever - is exactly what kills innovation and namely businesses today.

olimjj

Hello everyone!

Though the update went well for me, the version of the UEFI has not been changed as stated in the update history to v3.11.950.0.
It is still v2.16.1243.

View attachment 6329

Does anyone have the same issue?
Verify it again using this method:
1. In the desktop screen, right click on the start Logo
2. Choose Device Manager from the Menu
4. Choose Firmware from the Window Screen
5. Select Surface Pro UEFI (double click)
6. Select the Driver tab to find driver version installed

Kris

Still haven't gotten this update, just the same defender update over and over. I really think 10147 is broken. Has anyone gone back to 10130 and gotten the update?

cliffr39

No 6/23/2015 firmware update showing up
The previous May firmware update kept showing up (said it installed fine but came back every other day)

yeah getting tired of seeing the same 5/14 hardware update every other day (and sometimes more than once in the same day).

Nucleon

Wait, so how many people are having problems with the update? I haven't updated yet due to the update and recovery screen not being able to load anything, stuck on the loading animation on the "windows update" section of update and recovery...

should I wait a little bit later for them to fix problems if people are having issues?

Compusmurf

Keep in mind, not everyone gets the firmware update all at once. They roll it out in stages. (They even state that on their firmware site)

bluegrass

I am also getting white flashes every time I turn on or restart my SP3. Anyone else experiencing this?

Does you Surface still boot and function OK. If I wouldn't worry. I got my firmware update a few days ago and I don't see any white flashes.

Last edited by a moderator: