What's new

Today's firmware update 6/23/2015

Kris

I don't know why but since I installed the update my display driver keeps crashing... I didn't think it did anything to the display driver.

Telstar1948

Interesting comments about the white flashes. I didn't have that experience on my SP3 until the May update. Once that installed, I had the white flash thing going on when starting up. Interesting that some had the white flash thing going on before the May update.

Frankly, I have not idea what's causing it or whether it's benign or not.

xbliss

I don't know why but since I installed the update my display driver keeps crashing... I didn't think it did anything to the display driver.
Interesting comments about the white flashes. I didn't have that experience on my SP3 until the May update. Once that installed, I had the white flash thing going on when starting up. Interesting that some had the white flash thing going on before the May update.
Frankly, I have not idea what's causing it or whether it's benign or not.
Ha ha! nice use of that word.. havent seen it in a while :)

I think we ought to do a mini survey of peoples hardware (from launch time) and update experiences and through the last 3/4 months.

GNBrooks

Yes, this business of the firmware updates installing over and over and drivers installing but not being recognized in device manager is STUPID and unnecessary. I find it hard to believe that we have people writing firmware code that cannot get it right over and over and over and still have a job. What is the problem?

GNBrooks

I was finally able to download the 6/23/2015 update files today. All my problems are resolved except audio. I have two System devices reported as "high definition audio controller" but neither will update when I try to update the driver. I have not active devices under "Sound, video, game controllers" except hidden devices. Control panel shows no audio output device installed. Troubleshooting wizard is useless (as usual). Any thoughts from the community?

Kif

I was finally able to download the 6/23/2015 update files today. All my problems are resolved except audio. I have two System devices reported as "high definition audio controller" but neither will update when I try to update the driver. I have not active devices under "Sound, video, game controllers" except hidden devices. Control panel shows no audio output device installed. Troubleshooting wizard is useless (as usual). Any thoughts from the community?

The audio drivers were updated in May. I don't see an update in June's firmware package.

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/install-update-activate/pro-3-update-history

GNBrooks

The audio drivers were updated in May. I don't see an update in June's firmware package.

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/install-update-activate/pro-3-update-history

Tried the May updates as well. I point to the May update folder and the drivers for audio. No change. No work. I had already used the May msi file before I got a June update. Uninstalling the devices does not allow me the option to delete the driver. I get a code 32 on the device in device manager.
I have no audio - in fact, no audio output device. Had this happen on multiple Surface Pro 3s.

Grumpy2

Yes, this business of the firmware updates installing over and over and drivers installing but not being recognized in device manager is STUPID and unnecessary. I find it hard to believe that we have people writing firmware code that cannot get it right over and over and over and still have a job. What is the problem?
I think it is called attitude. Most people I know who are IT professionals have a bad attitude problem. And you can not tell them anything. I think it is time for someone to get the broom out at Microsoft and sweep the place clean. Perhaps Gates and Nadella would be a good place to start.

Adrain

Had a fully functioning and fine S3 Pro i7 256 before this update. Now I have flaky WiFi requiring a reboot every time I resume and keyboard issues.

Arghhh!

Grumpy2

Had a fully functioning and fine S3 Pro i7 256 before this update. Now I have flaky WiFi requiring a reboot every time I resume and keyboard issues.

Arghhh!
This wifi problem since the last firmware update has been widely reported on the Whirlpool forums. I have not done the update nor do I intend too. So I can not report this problem. Another case of incompetence on the part of Microsoft employees imho.