What's new

Any ideas what sort of updates will happen tomorrow 10/14/14??

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sounds like we need a poll to see how many updates everyone got.

Id note that in the list I saw there was a Defender update and Office updates. The Defender updates usually process right away so your count could be off by one depending on the timing or if your using something else besides Defender. One of my machines got several Office updates the other got none but when I went into Office and manually updated it got some but didn't indicate how many.

Eventually everything gets out but is a process not an event.

VickiFL

The weirdest thing just happened to me. I was on my SP3, and it was plugged in, not charging. It just shut itself down and did updates. Is that normal? Scared the hell out of me because I thought it shut down from overheating for a minute. (My SP3 is an i3, and I was just browsing the web)

Is that how they do updates on the Surface? On my old laptops, Windows would just update when "I" shut down my laptop. It never did anything like this.

guymalloc

The automatic updates will install and shutdown if the surface is idle (not in active use). I had 16 updates on my SP1, and had to reset security settings on metro IE 11, wouldn't startup right after the update....... All is fine now......

VickiFL

The automatic updates will install and shutdown if the surface is idle (not in active use). I had 16 updates on my SP1, and had to reset security settings on metro IE 11, wouldn't startup right after the update....... All is fine now......

Wow, ok. I'm glad it's ok because it really scared me. Thanks for the quick reply! :)