What's new

Poll For those keeping their Surface Pro 3 which accessories are you updating?

Which accessories are you updating for your Surface pro 3?

• Type cover

Votes: 36 85.7%
  • Pen

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • Dock

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • None

Votes: 5 11.9%

• Total voters

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
So given that it isn't in the poll, who here will be springing for the fingerprint version instead of normal? (i personally couldn't give a hoot about Windows hello)

GTiceman

I have wanted a dock for the SP3 but couldnt bring myself to get one as I don't reallly need it, have a generic USB 3 dock that was free. Considering the new type cover with fingerprint reader though too.

keirmeister

This may sound weird, but the main thing I hate about the current SP type cover is the absence of volume controls other than mute. I guess I'm also not a fan of the track pad, but the volume thing is the biggest gripe for me.

I'll probably buy the new keyboard...only because I'll obsess over spending another $130 on one that I don't really need, but would like to have, but $130 is a bit much, but...Oh I'll probably just buy the bloody thing.

Johnny365

I only paid ~$40 for my Type Cover 3 (Red). Used of course, but it developed a problem with the connection to the SP3 and since it was under warranty, I did an advanced exchange and got sent a brand new one. As much as the new Type Covers look, I'll wait until they fall heavily on price. The Surface Dock is enticing though, but again not for $200.

Tsurugaya