What's new

Freezing/Locked Up

TeknoBlast

Has anyone experienced any freezing or locking up on their SP3? Had my unit for a couple of weeks and just today and I had two occasions that the unit would completely lock up. Had to hold the power button for roughly 15 seconds to power down.

just curious if anyone else has experienced this?

Update: Only happens when the unit is not in use. I would walk away, return, then notice it locked up.

Last edited:

raqball

I've had this happen twice in the past few days... As a matter of fact it just happened which led me to this thread.

I think I am going to have to exchange it but I don't want to..

raqball

I called my Best Buy and spoke to the MS rep who works there. She told me to bring it in when I had the time. Took it there and while she was looking at it, it did the same thing. She advised me to exchange it but the bummer was they were out of the 15 128. I ended up exchanging it but had to spring the extra $300 plus tax for the i5 256.

Not the end of the world I suppose.. This unit is behaving much better so I am going to keep an eye on it.

On an unrelated note, I called MS to swap my Complete coverage from the returned SP3 to this one and it's quite the pain. He said it would take 2 weeks to kick in.

olimjj

On an unrelated note, I called MS to swap my Complete coverage from the returned SP3 to this one and it's quite the pain. He said it would take 2 weeks to kick in.

Don't worry about it, they still have a logged record of your request.

OP
TeknoBlast

TeknoBlast

After the two times it locked up, it's been fine. I'll keep an eye on it. If it happens again, then definitely taking it back to BB for an exchange.

cdf3

I've had problems with my locking up a few times, as well as not waking out of sleep mode a few times.

raqball

Mine had issues waking from sleep. Sometimes the unit would freeze and need a reboot and other times WiFi would fail. With the WiFi I'd get a computer looking icon with an 'x' and the only way to connect was to reboot.

The unit I picked up today has been fine so far.

cdf3

As for me, I'm running Windows Bit Defender that's pre-installed.
I haven't added any 3rd party security suites.