What's new

Improving SSD performance

zhenya

I had to manually turn on my device after shutdown at which point it booted as normal and then finished the procedure on the desktop. Definitely stabilized the benchmark results. We'll see if it has any practical effect.

wditters

Thanks for answering me wditters.

The problem is after 36 minutes I'm still stuck in the "Surface" screeen with the circle turning. I don't know if I should restart the tablet or wait more.

Just turn it off manually and restart ... Firmware update already took place prior to the boot and optimization/recalibration only takes place after a full restart ...

jcferraz

Just turn it off manually and restart ... Firmware update already took place prior to the boot and optimization/recalibration only takes place after a full restart ...
You're right.

After I ran out of patient I have restarted the tablet and the process is now finished. I didn't know I could hold my breath for nearly and hour :)

Thanks all!!

OP
ctitanic

ctitanic

Here is the evidence of the improvement
Capture1.JPG
Capture0.JPG

ChiGGz

My performance graphs look different from what I'm seeing from others, don't know how much my partitioning the SSD comes into play here.

The really odd thing is, I'm not getting anymore IE slowdowns or problems with pages not loading

Untitled.png

That's because it's a RC Release Candidate and it's effectively Beta software. Since they've pulled it I would suggest waiting til they repost it.

I came here to update but after seeing other sources reporting this as RC and then downloading it and looking myself I am holding fire til it's more solid.

I don't have any issues with my surface and I won't be using RC software to risk this state.