What's new

New Firmware Update 9/29

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyone know, is this a W10 firmware/driver update only or does it apply to W8.1 also?

Definitely not seeing a new wifi driver on the Surface 3 which sorely needs one due to frequent crashing... thought these were the same wifi drivers.

Last edited:

dagncl

FYI I had Panda free edition AV installed on my SP3, SD Card in the slot (I believe there was an update for the card reader driver) and nothing plugged in otherwise.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Curiously my SP3 on W10 is now ignoring about half of my touches in Edge and I have to retry them. never had this issue before the update but maybe it's just having a bad day... anyone else notice this?

Edit: or maybe it's just really slow now... each fix seems to be digging a deeper hole.

Last edited:

Richard Blaine

How many of you that are having issues are using 3rd Party Antivirus?
Just Windows Defender here, and my SP3 crashed hard with this update. Didn't know about the Safe Mode workaround until just now, darn it, but I couldn't wait. Had to get my system back up for work today. I've already spent about 5 hours resetting and reloading, and I'm not halfway done. A major problem for me.

kristalsoldier

Got the update, when it rebooted I had no WiFi, rebooted and WiFi was back. Checked the update status and it said the update had failed. Now it can't find the update. I had Avast running when I tried to install it.

Yeps...for me too. But, you know what the WIFI connectivity has somehow become more stable than before.

Doomofman

Just in from work to check on my surface pro 3. its now no longer activated after the latest updates. Not on a preview build either. What the hell