Patch Tuesday and a Holiday !

OP
O

olimjj

Update.GIF

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, we received the Firmware Update on the 28th...I met the PM who owns the Surface Product line once its released and his team gives the final sign off before it goes out to Windows Update and they aren't shy about delaying if they need more time....

OP
O

olimjj

Yes, we received the Firmware Update on the 28th...I met the PM who owns the Surface Product line once its released and his team gives the final sign off before it goes out to Windows Update and they aren't shy about delaying if they need more time....
So you are saying this sequence of events would not be repeated. They would wait until next month's 2nd Tuesday?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
So you are saying this sequence of events would not be repeated. They would wait until next month's 2nd Tuesday?
No, I think we'll see an Firmware Update this month as long as it meets whatever release criteria they set....

kristalsoldier

Hey guys...anyone finding that the fan on their SP3 kicks on after installing these updates? My SP3, which was running cool and without fans for so long suddenly has the fan kicking in within 30 seconds of opening up MUI IE. There is no other app or desktop program working at the time. Any ideas? Could this be one of those infamous MS updates that wrecks what was working fine thus far?