What's new

So long SP3 friends...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I did what I thought I would never do 1 week into my SP3 purchase... Return it.

I wanted so bad to keep it, but I just couldn't justify the 1,500 dollar price tag. It didn't replace my iPad air and as a laptop only Windows 8 device, the bugs and the price tag was way too high. Maybe down the line when the price drops significantly I might reconsider purchasing it again.

Man it was nice looking device though.

I also returned my SP3, keyboard, office, warranty and case. Funny thing is, I used 400+ dollars in giftcards for the trade in any game and get 10 dollars, up to $50 per transaction. The day after I initially bought my SP3 I had a dead pixel, I took it into the store and swapped it out and they also had the bundle deal (type cover, office, case, extended warranty) for 199 or something. Since I already purchased the typecover on launch day, they had to return everything and recharge me in order to get the bundle to work. Well when I took back and returned everything they had to give me back the 400+ dollars as credit rather than in giftcards because of how they returned and recharged me. So it worked out in my behalf!!!! I was happy. Got back 1800 bucks rather than 1300 and 400 in giftcards.

I ended up purchasing a Macbook Pro as I needed a machine that sliced through Premiere, After Effects. I upgraded to an i7 processor and upgraded to 16GB of ram in my Macbook Pro.

I liked the SP3 if I only needed it for light work and internet browsing. But it overheated a lot, the windows store is laughable and pretty bad, and isn't fully supported by many of the standard applications out there! And if there is an app out there, the design is atrocious! I liked how thin the surface was and how light it was, but again, I need a portable device that I can do some major work on! The surface pro just didn't do it for me. I rarely used the Pen when I thought it would be one thing I would use a lot as I write movies. I rarely used the device in tablet mode as the apps weren't great. I just didn't feel like a 1700 dollar machine to use for basic stuff was worth it.

Good luck to all who kept theirs and enjoy it.

ipaq_101

It's funny to me that people complain about price and then buy an overpriced apple mackbook. If performance and price is your concern, you can get an ultrabook with windows with better specs (with a higher resolution touch screen, double the ram, etc.) than a mackbook pro and save yourself a few hundred dollars. Hypocrites.

kundas1

It's funny to me that people complain about price and then buy an overpriced apple mackbook. If performance and price is your concern, you can get an ultrabook with windows with better specs (with a higher resolution touch screen, double the ram, etc.) than a mackbook pro and save yourself a few hundred dollars. Hypocrites.

Don't wanna start a big thing here but please don't call yourself a tech god if you think this cant replace an ipad. or anything apple really

I totally agree with these statements...

tuchas

You can't compare a MacBook Pro with a Surface. Two completely different machines. MBP does not have a touch screen, cannot be used as a tablet, runs OS X (yes, you can run Windows on it), and has a great display. But you would need an iPad to get the full benefit of what the Surface represents. Funny how I have been able to run just about everything on my SP3 and I am moving from both a MBP and iPad. The iPad is gathering dust, and the MBP will go away once I am able to successfully convert my Parallels VMs to VMware (I'm getting very close). So it's getting close.

Status
Not open for further replies.