What's new

Surface Pro Hate

Turbo4AWD

To add to this post, people are saying that you have to have weird legs or be really tall to use the Surface Pro (3-6) on your lap. I'm not super tall 5'7" and I can fit my Surface Pro 6 comfortably on my lap in multiple relaxed positions. I even love the fact that I don't get laptop burn on my lap due to the heat from the computer burning my lap. The Surface Pro NEVER burns your lap like laptops do. I can even sit with my leg crossed and put the Surface Pro on my lap and type comfortably. It really makes me wonder what people's idea of using a laptop on your lap is? I remember when my friends laptops would overheat because the vents are covered when the laptop is sitting on a comforter on a bed. Doesn't happen on a Surface Pro. The vents aren't located underneath the keyboard so there's no blockage of air flow to cool the equipment. /rant. Sorry, felt this was a proper thread to vent as this has been becoming a more sore subject when seeing online reviews of the Surface Pro. That and the fact that a GREAT MAJORITY of users don't use their laptops JUST TO EDIT VIDEO. lmao.

CrippsCorner

That is true but the Surface stand does cut into my legs! I find after about 15 minutes I need to place a towel or something underneath it.

Still, I rarely use it like that. On my sofa it fits perfectly on the arm (which is completely flat) it's so perfect... almost made for it, and strangely enough I didn't even have this as a consideration when I bought my sofa. Just very lucky :D

Turbo4AWD

That is true but the Surface stand does cut into my legs! I find after about 15 minutes I need to place a towel or something underneath it.

Still, I rarely use it like that. On my sofa it fits perfectly on the arm (which is completely flat) it's so perfect... almost made for it, and strangely enough I didn't even have this as a consideration when I bought my sofa. Just very lucky :D

When my leg is crossed there is no way the stand can dig into my leg/calf even with shorts on because it is no longer the edge, its the flat side of the stand. Otherwise, on my couch, I usually have a blanket and sit the Surface Pro on my blanket. Either way I mostly use the on screen keyboard (years of touchscreen keyboard phones are to blame) and have no issue using the Surface Pro on my lap. In fact I use TabletMode a great majority of the time.