What's new

Wireless Keyboard Adapter

B

B'midbar

Yes, the Arc mouse Surface edition, but it did not cause any problem with the sp1 :confused:

I'd try pairing with the mouse turned off, but I also have the Arc mouse Surface edition and I have yet to pair my new wireless keyboard adapter. I'm heading out on a business trip early tomorrow morning, let me try it at my desk later this evening and see if I have the same problem or no. Will let you know.

B

B'midbar

Ok thank you very much. Please tell me :).

I had trouble pairing as well, whether the mouse was paired or not. Had to try it several times to get the progress bar to go all the way across and even then my keyboard didn't work so I'm not sure I have the same problem as you. Will keep playing with it and will let you know if I come up with anything solid as I do want, need this puppy to work with the keyboard detached, on the wireless adapter whilst on this road trip. Should've tried it sooner. [d'oh]

B

B'midbar

Ok thank you very much. Please tell me :).

Can't say whether this was definitively related or not, but was working through the steps on
Troubleshoot the Wireless Adapter for Typing Covers, none of the first five steps applied to me, went to run Windows Update and suddenly - after several days of just updating the Windows Defender signature files - I have 89 updates totaling 1033MB. Ran the updates, rebooted and lo and behold my keyboard on the wireless adapter works fine, including the trackpad. I'm inclined to believe the updates were just coincidental and it was actually the reboot (after previously pairing) that got me going. I'm good, will see how well it does on the road.

Good luck.

iMarc

Hi Thank you. I just had it working some minutes ago. It was tricky but what I've done is having the adapter detected while connected to my Sp1 type cover (previous one), that way I managed to have it in connected status. But I had to try many differents combinations of (on/off),sequences of actions,, with the tablet in/not in pairing mode etc.. Once it got connected and remained so for more than 1 second, I disconnected the sp1 type cover from it and rapidly snapped the sp3 type cover to it. While doing so, I saw a error message saying driver error but for one second only. And after that the "connected" status resumed, and now i'm using it to write this. Glad you had it working too :p

kwright

I had hoped that the SP4 would bring a blue tooth keyboard with it. I use the wireless display adapter and a separate blue tooth keyboard in combination with hotel TVs for an office. Is there a chance that I could replace the NiMH battery in this adapter and get a longer life? It would be nice to leave the extra keyboard at home.

benjitek

I had hoped that the SP4 would bring a blue tooth keyboard with it. I use the wireless display adapter and a separate blue tooth keyboard in combination with hotel TVs for an office. Is there a chance that I could replace the NiMH battery in this adapter and get a longer life? It would be nice to leave the extra keyboard at home.
It's not user replaceable -- and even if you could break it open, I'm not sure where you'd find that shape of a battery. Why not just charge it while you sleep...?