What's new

How would you guys rate the onscreen keyboard compared to the type cover?

ronnyb29

^I'm trying..but as I tried to touch the reply button with my finger to this post, it popped up the magnified screen 3 times and then the on-screen keyboard the 4th time when I have the type-cover open and on my lap. I'd much rather be here talking about how great of an upgrade this was from my win8.1 yoga 2 pro (very similar device).

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
^I'm trying..but as I tried to touch the reply button with my finger to this post, it popped up the magnified screen 3 times and then the on-screen keyboard the 4th time when I have the type-cover open and on my lap. I'd much rather be here talking about how great of an upgrade this was from my win8.1 yoga 2 pro (very similar device).
As I said on your other vent of a post.... return it, but your experience is definitely not the norm....

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
One is a physical keyboard, one is an on screen keyboard. Not sure how you can validly compare them. Each has their usage scenario.

kundas1

do you shake a lot? that's the only reason I can see that your having trouble with the touch screen, obviously you touched the screen twice which magnifies the screen because maybe you shake when touching the screen... dunno, but as to why you're having soo much trouble is perhaps you got a faulty machine, try returning and replacing your device... mine as others work flawless!

raqball

The on-screen keyboard sucks, the type cover is acceptable, but definitely not great.

I replied to your other rant post [the loooooong list of problems one] and as I said there, I only use the on screen keyboard as I don't have a typecover or a mouse.

I don't have any of the screen or KB issues you mention.

At this point I am going to assume you are playing some sort of odd game and I'll resist from responding to you any further.

I am honesty starting to wonder if you even have an SP3 as you are listing issues I've never seen anyone else complain about.

If you do in fact have one, then you should return it as fast as you can safely drive to the store..