What's new

can't wait to buy surface pro 4

FlySwatter

I bought a 2 year warranty, because I finally feel like I have a portable solution that will serve me for 2 years and keep me off the tablet/notebook merry go round I was on previously. In 2 years, I'll see what's available, and my guess is that the landscape will be very different -- in a good way.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm certainly interested to see what gets changed :)

Have a chunk of money tied up in a scholarship fund so just bought an ipad air 2 from the uni bookshop to sell and put the money into an upgrade fund :)

One thing that I think would have helped the SP3's reception as a tablet would have been if MS had included a key-less cover with it as a standard feature, like the Pen. Having that would have reinforced its tablet-ness, if you like, and the optional Type Covers would have been gestures towards its laptop capabilities. I think MS should have focused more on the tablet capabilities of the SP3 since that is a much more difficult case to make as compared to the SP3 functioning as a laptop.

I don't see how that would have changed anything. I can't think of a single tablet that comes with a smart cover as default, and noone seems to have any issue buying those coverless tablets. Most people like to buy their tablet, and then the variety of cover that suits their needs, e.g slim, rugged, waterproof etc. I'm sure if they had included it people would hyst have complained that they will buy another one anyway and that they now have a cover they don't want that just added to the cost a little.

kristalsoldier

I don't see how that would have changed anything. I can't think of a single tablet that comes with a smart cover as default, and noone seems to have any issue buying those coverless tablets. Most people like to buy their tablet, and then the variety of cover that suits their needs, e.g slim, rugged, waterproof etc. I'm sure if they had included it people would hyst have complained that they will buy another one anyway and that they now have a cover they don't want that just added to the cost a little.

Well, if not included then at least made available.

malberttoo

I really hope it does not come out yet, I bough mine only a week ago hahaha

I got a pretty good return on eBay when I sold my SP1 to help fund my SP3. No doubt those selling off their SP3's will probably have the same experience, if they sell them off soon after the SP4 comes out, should still recover some decent $$ from their SP3's. o_O