What's new

do you prefer windows 10

Deihmos

i has a pro 2 and i upgraded to windows 10 but reverted to windows 8.1 because i think it works a lot better for tablet use. now i have a surface pro 3 and windering if i should upgrade to windows 10 . Do you prefer windows 10 for tablet use?

BillJ

The tablet mode of Windows 10 is certainly different from that of 8.1. I enjoyed 8.1, and was startled by 10 initially.

Now I use Win 10 exclusively, and I have adjusted to it. I like it too. There around nuances I had to get used to in Continuum, but there is nothing I could do in tablet mode in 8.1 that I can't do in 10.

I can recommend upgrading to Windows 10 without hesitation.

kristalsoldier

I like the desktop experience on W10, which is what I use permanently on my SP3. On my S3, however, I use W10 in purely tablet mode. Here, initially, I was quite uncomfortable. Indeed I still am with the vertical scrolling of the tiles, but otherwise, I don't have too much of a problem with using W10 in tablet mode. But overall, I do have to say that I like W10 better than W8.1.

OP
D

Deihmos

I am leaving it with Windows 8.1. It is a much better for hybrid use while windows 10 is better if you use desktop mode exclusively.

OP
D

Deihmos

Glad I am not the only one. Hopefully they address this sooner rather than later but it seems they are no longer interested in tablets.

Last edited:

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
TH2 Builds are improving performance of Edge, this latest especially... and adding additional functionality such as Cortana now recognizes inked notes...

VickiFL

I just got my Surface back from the MSFT store. Had to leave it there a couple days so they could roll it back to Win 8.1 for me.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Glad I am not the only one. Hopefully they address this sooner rather than rater but it seems they are no longer interested in tablets.

This is simply one camps opinion though. To me it is that they have finally taken tablet mode seriously and finally made a useable device.