What's new

MS Surface pro 4: Terrible Build quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikemanSP4

Super Moderator
Staff member
When I typed intentional sabotage, that wasn't quoting you. If I quote an individual I will use the quote function. Nor am I in any way responding to the cloud part of your post, don't get me started on cloud storage. I despise it and agree with you.

Here is what I was replying to though

That quite catagorically said you HAVE to buy the Microsoft dock, not might have to. I didn't have to pay even a tenth of that and did not have to give my money to Microsoft.

As they say from in my parts, calm down scouser, no need to be so defensive.

Scouser? WTH? Thanks - I think.

MikemanSP4

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't worry, it has nothing to do with scousers. Just something that became a phrase where I grew up, probably a film reference. No offense intended.

Absolutely no offense taken. I actually laughed when I read it- thanks for the smile.

OP
J

jonneymendoza

I have read around many forums - yeah I need a life. But I run into the negative experiences here and there, and with any product there will always be those who aren't satisfied. I more than understand that dropping $2000.00 on a machine is a big step for many, me included, and we want a superior product for that type of coin. Some folks just have the worst luck it seems like jonneymendoza - But I am here to tell you that the Surface Pro 4 surpasses all in its class. When you compare the Ipad with no USB ports, or zero chance of upgrading the memory, and the fact that if you haven't paid for it in the IStore or whatever its called, well your aren't gonna be using it on that machine unless you "jailbreak" the machine, which oh by the way voids the warranty. The "I" anything, while also a superior product is very, very proprietary - as for me I like being able to install whatever I like on my machine, weather it be Pirated or paid for, its my machine and no-one has the right to tell me what I can, or cannot put onto it. Take that Mr. Jobs!

The Surface Pro was designed for productivity, and also to possibly replace the laptop in most cases. With little to no work, I was able to turn the power off indefinitely on my laptop, and have rid myself of the lunky, cumbersome beast I so loved. I can do any and everything on my Surface Pro 4 with ease, that I can do on a laptop, or desktop - with regards to burning a DVD etc. (which can be done externally of course) ..............I would say to those who are having issues -keep in mind you are dealing with a tablet and Microsoft. Stay on TOP OF Microsoft as its been my experience over the last 25 years that Microsoft will make good on all of their products. You of course have every right to be upset and vent your frustration anywhere and as much as you like. I respectfully disagree and wish you the best of luck in finding a better tablet solution on the market today.
Yes its the only device of its kind but its a sorry shit excuse to be spending this much only for the QC to be hit and miss.

granted when i got rid of mine i missed it and now stuck with a heavy large macbook pro 15inch. But until MS get their QC ACT TOGETHER i wont budge.

I was soo angry at them for this because it was such a great product

OP
J

jonneymendoza

from redit/surface

There is a large thread about it somewhere how someone had one on order and his order got canceled due to a quiet recall on the i7 models only.

Also had a word with MS as well through customer service and said they are fixing some bugs/issues on the i7 models before they ship them again.

That is why its pretty much not in stock anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.