What's new

Necessity of using a screen protector ?

Rushino

Hello,

The device is really amazing.. so i am starting to wonder if its a necessity to use a screen protector ? Do you guys installed any ? or just the cover do the job.

Thanks!

ArnoldC

I think the screen protector on a Surface Pro will affect the pen input. I have a screen protector on my RT and my Wacom capacitive pen became useless. Also depends on the type of screen protector used.

OP
R

Rushino

I think the screen protector on a Surface Pro will affect the pen input. I have a screen protector on my RT and my Wacom capacitive pen became useless. Also depends on the type of screen protector used.
Ive heard this issue too and i wanted to use the pen a lots.. So i think i won't get a screen protector. Anyway the cover should do his job.

bosamar

I've never used a screen protector on anything. The Surface glass is very strong and scratch resistant. I agree with Arnold, it may affect pen input.

souldier

Yeah I don't experience any scratches on my devices. Just don't be careless and you should be fine. I personally don't like screen protectors b/c they are a hassle to put on and they take away from the natural clarity of the glass

OP
R

Rushino

Alright thanks for your suggestion. You forgot to say they cost a lots too.. the one i saw for surface pro was 40$ (zagg)... what a ripoff...

vook

I use a screen protector and my pen works perfect. Gorilla glass can scratch. I'm currently using one similar to zagg and its ugly but I am going to try a thinner dry application film

Search tags for this page

best screen protector for surface pro

does a screen protector on microsoft surface pro effect the stylus

does the surface pro 3 pen scratch the surface pro screen

how do screen protectors affect surface pro

screen protector surface pro philippines

surface pro screen protector affects stylus

surface pro screen protector stylus

surface rt screen protector philippines

use screen protector on surface pro

using a stylus on a screen protector