What's new

New Firmware - July 8, 2014

RottenMutt

The service packs include all the latest updates, in other words you can wait a year and install the latest service pack and be totally up to date.
for those with wifi problems, perhaps you should update your router/access point firmware and keep in mind some firmware/hardware is built to non-final specifications/standards.

yonghong

The service packs include all the latest updates, in other words you can wait a year and install the latest service pack and be totally up to date.
for those with wifi problems, perhaps you should update your router/access point firmware and keep in mind some firmware/hardware is built to non-final specifications/standards.

I have a really stable router, one of the best wireless N router in the world ,Asus N66U. On my thinkpad w510's intel 6300 wifi card ,it always can get 450 mbps.

chrsb

I got the .79 version, I rebooted my router when I first got my SP3 cause I was having connection issues, they went away after that.

diamond.g

All you guys update wifi card drivers with version 15.68.3042.79 without problems?
I have the same version drivers with no issues. For what it is worth I believe the change logs states that MS is going to release some additional WiFi drivers on the 16th.

kristalsoldier

For those with no issues, please post what router you are using. Thanks.

Actually, since I am traveling now and staying in a hotel, its their WIFI network that I am connected to with no problems. Also, during the day I am on the campus of a university where they have the Eduroam WIFI network and the SP3 connects just fine.

chrsb

I got an RT-AC66U with stock firmware. I'm getting better speeds now. I was getting 6M, now I'm getting 30-56M depending on if I connect through AC.