I've had a different WiFi problem. I've had 2 SP3s and they both have had the identical problem. My SP3 always connects at home (which is why I don't want to bother switching it again) but at work we have a WLAN covering 5 buildings over several acres. It connects at some locations but not others. Some of it may be a problem with it coming out of sleep (I close the type cover when I go from location to location).
But here's the thing. The head of our IT put me on a list that keeps the same IP address, gave me a certificate from MS to install on my SP3, gave me a Linksys USB NIC and I uninstalled the Marvel driver and installed the Linksys driver and still had the problem. That says to me it is not the Marvel network adapter or it's driver. So what is it?
BTW, Win10 is not 100%, but noticeably better at connecting at work that Win8.1.
Ditto on your post. I have the same exact issues. I believe this has to do with access points and mac addresses and/or the filtering of mac addresses. There are MS KB articles on access point issues, but not really sure how long until the issue gets solved or how they impact the Surface Pro 3My WiFi connectivity problems at work have been solved, and it wasn't the SP3 at the cause. The head of our IT upgraded all the WiFi access points over the holidays last month and every since I connect just about everywhere. Still I occasionally get the limited connection coming out of sleep but resetting the wireless adapter fixes that every time (a known SP3 problem).
Ironically, our head of IT told me that after the upgrade the Surface RTs had trouble connected and he had to run a patch on each access point to fix.
I have the SP3 fully updated. I work at a major corporation and originally thought this was a mac address blacklist issue. Got the Mac address changer to test this theory, and immediately connected up to the GWLAN. I thought I had cracked the code, but alas after a several minutes the wifi crapped out.
My next bright idea was to combine a usb wifi adaptor with the mac address changing software thinking that would solve the issue. I change the mac address and get connected up on the USB wifi, and the same thing happens after a sleep or 30 minutes or so pass by, the wifi craps out.
So I don't believe this is a Marvell issue either; I think it has something to do with mobile device mac addresses versus the dreaded octet mac numbering system that windows has baked into the OS or the Surface Pro's dual nature...mobile and desktop. Some sort of security check somewhere along the line in either the OS or access point is killing some token/certificate or something along those lines which is preventing reauthentication. After a while some cache clears somewhere and you are able to reconnect; perhaps a synchronization issue between authentication packets...something along those lines. I am not and expert as you can tell, but this is what I believe and wanted to add to the conversation.
BTW, my SP3 works flawlessly at home, or using my phone as a hot spot.
Until the updates you mention above occur at my company I think I am out of luck and have to use the dreaded Lenovo T430, which weighs a ton and the processors and drives are surrounded by molasses in January.