What's new

So What Do You Think of the BIG Rumor Going Around? $199.00 for the RT

CrippsCorner

Maybe it's time to start thinking about linking RT & WP together... could be the saviour. Nokia phablet running RT that docks to become a full PC (well as much as RT can be) not bad!

DOS

What is the battery life of the RT? If it's 8-10 hours, I would probably pick one up for $200.

machistmo

Yes it is. The RT always rocked on the Battery life and I had fun killing zombies on it. If they made it 199 I would buy one again as well. I was never able to pin my battery life down exactly, but it was OVER 8 hours and that was with me setting the screen to dim only after 10 minutes. I cannot stand it diming when I am using it. I have read about people getting 9 hours + full on using it but with some lighting reductions and stuff.

eshropshire

Microsoft has lowered the price already last month. The price decrease required Microsoft to take a $900 million hit on the books. To lower the price again would require an additional hit, I don't think they will be doing that anytime soon. BTW, MS did not write off $900 million in Surface inventory, they had to reduce the amount they were keeping on the books in the value of the current Surface inventory. If they were planning on selling the 32 GB RT for $450 and now the price is $350 they have to account for that change.

The bigger problem is that they must be sitting on a boat load of inventory to have the price change require that bit of hit on the books. We were at two MS conference this summer where they sold 64 GB RTs with the touch keyboard for $99. I was actually surprised they did not give away RTs to all the attendees at build conference. I know they gave them Surface Pros & Acers, but why not also give the developers RTs to try and spur development.