What's new

spot the Surface!

FFX

Is present in the newest episode of Modern family.
Episode 5x12 -- Jan 15, 2014 -- Under Pressure

millertime_1985

The surface appeared in several episodes of NCIS Los Angeles... pretty sure it was the Surface Pro that appeared as it had the USB port on the left hand side.

But MS has provided devices for years on NCIS Los Angeles (since mid way through season 2)... the Surface and WP phones (and Windows logo branded laptops)... , likewise with Hawaii Five-O as already mentioned

The Surface and numerous WP phones have also appeared in the CW series "Arrow"

macmee

what's that!? An Apple fans cult meeting or what?

Probably just a regular classroom.

I'm an undergrad student in a CS degree right now. Pretty much everyone (including myself) uses a MacBook (although I also have my Surface which I now use more frequently).

It makes sense. MacBooks have great battery, a huge trackpad, and OS X is a lot more usable on a laptop than Windows 7 (although Windows 8 + touchscreen would give a MacBook a run for its money).

FFX

Probably just a regular classroom.

I'm an undergrad student in a CS degree right now. Pretty much everyone (including myself) uses a MacBook (although I also have my Surface which I now use more frequently).

It makes sense. MacBooks have great battery, a huge trackpad, and OS X is a lot more usable on a laptop than Windows 7 (although Windows 8 + touchscreen would give a MacBook a run for its money).

We know you love Apple, and hate Microsoft. And that you blame every virus you get on Microsoft, and every driver fault is their fault also etc. Even though Microsoft has nothing to do with the problems, of third party drivers and apps, or the viruses you install yourself.
I have seen this picture many times before, Apple fans love posting it, the reality is Mac has under 4% marketshare and thats a fact.

bluegrass

Let's see how many we spot at the Winter Olympics. Also see how many GoPro's you spot. I bought one for my trip to Cancun last December and it proved to be a pretty cool camera. I wore it with a chest mount everywhere, including zip lining in the Maya jungle. Now if someone will come up with a cool wifi monitoring app for my Surface like I have for my W8 cell phone.

CrippsCorner

We know you love Apple, and hate Microsoft. And that you blame every virus you get on Microsoft, and every driver fault is their fault also etc. Even though Microsoft has nothing to do with the problems, of third party drivers and apps, or the viruses you install yourself.
I have seen this picture many times before, Apple fans love posting it, the reality is Mac has under 4% marketshare and thats a fact.

What I really found interesting was a post on Neowin the other day that explained that Apple had sold 150m Mac's in the last 30 years... whereas just Dell alone has sold around 50m Windows computers every year since 1996. Wow, puts it all in perspective really.

FFX

What I really found interesting was a post on Neowin the other day that explained that Apple had sold 150m Mac's in the last 30 years... whereas just Dell alone has sold around 50m Windows computers every year since 1996. Wow, puts it all in perspective really.
Yes, I also read that article!
How come Tech-journalists aren't calling the Mac-line a failure? They are usually very fast at criticizing and pointing out bad selling devices, and calling them failures.

Last edited:

CrippsCorner

I think it's because it has never been 'expected' to be mainstream. On the other end of the scale though, I read this today, "here's a sobering reality: in the fourth quarter, the iPhone was responsible for $32.5 billion in revenues, compared with $24.52 billion for all of Microsoft. That's right: In Q4 2013, just the iPhone was bigger than all of Microsoft."

Apple Falls Short of Expectations | Paul Thurrotts WinInfo content from Windows IT Pro

That's kind of crazy...

macmee

You've jumped to ridiculous conclusions and made yourself look incredibly silly. You've also thrusted many untrue words into my mouth also. To respond to each of your ludicrous and arrogant points:

1. I use both Window and OS X and like and dislike many different things about both. Both have their strengths and their weaknesses. I have a MacBook and I also have a Surface.
2. For some reason you seem to think market share is directly correlated to quality. It's not. If it were, then by your own logic the surface must be an awful product because it has no market share...
3. Nobody blames Microsoft for viruses. It makes sense that there's more viruses for Windows because there's more users running Windows for virus creators to target. I don't know why the hell you even brought this up, but you just assumed I would have some sort of ridiculous take on viruses and for that you're somewhat of an idiot.

In the future you would do well not to instantly label Mac users as you have here. Unfortunately on the other hand, you're the spitting image of an incompetent die hard Microsoft troll.

FFX

You've jumped to ridiculous conclusions and made yourself look incredibly silly. You've also thrusted many untrue words into my mouth also. To respond to each of your ludicrous and arrogant points:

1. I use both Window and OS X and like and dislike many different things about both. Both have their strengths and their weaknesses. I have a MacBook and I also have a Surface.
2. For some reason you seem to think market share is directly correlated to quality. It's not. If it were, then by your own logic the surface must be an awful product because it has no market share...
3. Nobody blames Microsoft for viruses. It makes sense that there's more viruses for Windows because there's more users running Windows for virus creators to target. I don't know why the hell you even brought this up, but you just assumed I would have some sort of ridiculous take on viruses and for that you're somewhat of an idiot.

In the future you would do well not to instantly label Mac users as you have here. Unfortunately on the other hand, you're the spitting image of an incompetent die hard Microsoft troll.

1. I have seen 15+ posts, and 5+ thread starts, where you whine and then reefers to Apple. Look at your signature, you act like Apple doesn't have hardware and software problems.

2. No where do I mention that marketshare correlate to quality, that one you made up yourself. I said tech sites bash bad selling products and say that they are failures, as long as they aren't branded with an Apple logo that is.

3. I have read many posts here about drivers not working and users blaming that on Microsoft, often third party drivers..
"Are they not capable of pushing out an update that gets us all on the latest version of this driver?" This one is yours by the way.

And I often see the comment MAC and iOS doesn't have security holes and viruses. Apple has hell of a lot of security vulnerabilities. Just because Apple lies to their customers, and patch the holes on their next OS is released, doesn't mean that the holes aren't there.
Apple : Security vulnerabilities

I like this one "CVE-1999-1412 DoS 1999-06-03(reported) 2008-09-05(fixed by Apple) 10.0(threat level 10 is highest)" Took them 10 years to fix one security vulnerability with the highest threat level.

You must be incompetent if you don't know you are at a Surface Forum. Yes I own a Surface, and it runs circles around the iPad.

Last edited:

macmee

Yes, I also read that article!
How come Tech-journalists aren't calling the Mac-line a failure? They are usually very fast at criticizing and pointing out bad selling devices, and calling them failures.

Because although they have less sales, they earn more per sale than a company such as HP (link).

You think 5 billion dollars revenue a year is a failure? I don't think any company in Silicone Valley will want to hire you with that attitude.

1. I have seen 15+ posts, and 5+ thread starts, where you whine and then reefers to Apple. Look at your signature, you act like Apple doesn't have hardware and software problems.

2. No where do I mention that marketshare correlate to quality, that one you made up yourself. I said tech sites bash bad selling products and say that they are failures, as long as they aren't branded with an Apple logo that is.

3. I have read many posts here about drivers not working and users blaming that on Microsoft, often third party drivers..
"Are they not capable of pushing out an update that gets us all on the latest version of this driver?" This one is yours by the way.

And I often see the comment MAC and iOS doesn't have security holes and viruses. Apple has hell of a lot of security vulnerabilities. Just because Apple lies to their customers, and patch the holes on their next OS is released, doesn't mean that the holes aren't there.
Apple : Security vulnerabilities

I like this one "CVE-1999-1412 DoS 1999-06-03(reported) 2008-09-05(fixed by Apple) 10.0(threat level 10 is highest)" Took them 10 years to fix one security vulnerability with the highest threat level.

You must be incompetent if you don't know you are at a Surface Forum. Yes I own a Surface, and it runs circles around the iPad.

YOU must be incompetent for not realizing that you're arguing with yourself. I previously posted that MacBooks have nice trackpads and good battery life and according to you that means I think Microsoft causes viruses and that Macs have no security flaws? What are you 12? Step back and realize that your blind and meritless accusations make absolutely no sense, and that you're just trying to shovel words and ideas into my mouth that I never conceived at any point.

1. My signature? You mean how it points out that you can do less on an iPad? Yeah I'm sure endorsing Apple alright!

2. You damn well did imply that marketshare correlates to equality:
Mac has under 4% marketshare and thats a fact.
If marketshare doesn't relate to quality then there's no reason to even mention it in the first place, because it will get you nowhere in determining who has the best product.

3. You started freaking out accusing me of believing that Microsoft was to blame about viruses, then when you realized I said absolutely nothing of the sort, you change your tune to drivers-- adorable! Once again, I never blamed Microsoft for viruses and I dare you to find a post where I did, so the fact that you accused me of believing this is beyond ridiculous, and you're foolish for doing so.

4. Why are you talking about how OS X and iOS have security holes? Once again, nobody is disputing the fact that they do, stop arguing with yourself. What are you even trying to accomplish here?

---

For initially being rude to me and starting an argument with me and for accusing me of saying and believing things I don't, you can go **** yourself. I'm not "debating" you about OSX vs Windows. I've taken no one-sided stance on that issue and as I've previously mentioned, I've used both for a long time. I can and will continue to criticize and praise both platforms, and try to avoid trigger happy barboons like yourself who think criticizing one is enough to be condemned as a fanboy.

Last edited: