What's new

Surface Pro 3 with duos ... sensors

gabsi55

Hello to the Surface community!!

(I`m from Austria so I`ll get my surface in a couple of weeks)

Does anyone of you use duos on the SP3 with some apps that use the sensors?
In special in combination with an bluetooth GPS dongle?

I personally use duos on my Thinkpad but with Win7 and there my GPS does not work with duos.
This would be a real killer feature of duos in my mind...

thanks for your help
Gabriel

ctitanic

All I can tell you is that Duos works. I don't have any BT GPS dongle to test what you want.

And Welcome aboard.

OP
G

gabsi55

Thanks, that allready helps.

I dont know why anyone would use bluestacks instead of duos.. It is much better and no annoying annual fee/crapware to download.

Maybe because nobody knows duos, i did a lot of research and after dealing with bluestacks I found it by accident in this forum :)

ctitanic

I dont know why anyone would use bluestacks instead of duos.. It is much better and no annoying annual fee/crapware to download.

Maybe because nobody knows duos, i did a lot of research and after dealing with bluestacks I found it by accident in this forum :)
Compare to Bluestack I think that Duos is a lot better. One thing, I have not done any testing but I think that battery will not be so great because the processor works a lot while using Duos.

Knuck

I don't know if its just my system but DuOs is a major resource hog. It causes the fan to run continuously and costs me 50% of my battery time (according to battery pro). Otherwise it is a great program.

ctitanic

It works,

Screenshot (45).png

And the Windows version works too.

Capture.JPG

But the coordinates seems to be wrong. The ones in Duos are correct even when no GPS was attached.

OP
G

gabsi55

THANK YOU!

So you get GPS within duos without the gps7 driver?
Do you have GPS sattelites enabled within duos preferences?

so it looks like Win8 provides the Location even without GPS...

thanks

ctitanic

THANK YOU!

So you get GPS within duos without the gps7 driver?
Do you have GPS sattelites enabled within duos preferences?

so it looks like Win8 provides the Location even without GPS...

thanks
Nothing changed in Duo. the location is mapped using the Wifi location From the device..

OP
G

gabsi55

If you have the GPS Simulation running. Do you get the Simulation GPS coordinates in duos?

Otherwise without WiFi I wont get a Position.

tia

OP
G

gabsi55

This coordinates are with wifi location i think?

I need to know if with the GPS simulation turned on and without wifi if there is a position too.
The question is if windows sees that the other location service gets higher accuracy and switches to this.

So.
GPS7 turned on with Simulation. Then duos started and the Positions should match.

(Values are random so it is not your real position)