What's new

Surface PRO Firmware Update...

Michael_B

I just checked Windows Updates on my Surface PRO to find a "System Firmware Update" entry with a date of 3/12.

Applying it now! <gulp>

OP
M

Michael_B

It rebooted x3 times during the update...probably some hardware flashing incorporated as well.

OP
M

Michael_B

All is well. Haven't got any benchmark data or firmware revision numbers to compare. Oddly, the light sensor seems slower to react to ambient light changes, which I consider a good thing.

OP
M

Michael_B

According to an article over on ZDNet: "The Surface Pro firmware updates include fixes to Wi-Fi reliability allowing for better roaming and improvements to "limited" connectivity scenarios; the enablement of Windows To Go feature; and improved onscreen keyboard detection synchronization when going in and out of sleep, according to Microsoft."

Arizona Willie

I just went to the updates on my Surface Pro and it said there was only an update for the Marvell Wireless networking controller ( or something like that ) so I told it to go ahead.

Well that was strange. I had to restart and then I went back to updates and it immediately told me the firmware was ready to install!!!

Oh well, whatever :)

Last edited:
Search tags for this page
check surface pro firmware version
surface pro 2 firmware update
surface pro 2 firmware update failed
surface pro 2 firmware version
surface pro 3 firmware update
surface pro embedded controller firmware
surface pro firmware

surface pro firmware update

surface pro system firmware update