What's new

Who here uses a Windows Phone

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I have used the Windows Mobile/Phone since the earlier days... Windows Phone since the v. 7

Nokia Lumia 900 v. 7
Nokia Lumia 920 v. 8
Nokia Lumia 1520 - Current and running v.8.1.1

I love my 1520, the new HTC M8 looks really good as does the ICON/930

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have an old wp7 model. I want a Galaxy Note 3, the pen is a must. If they made a windows phone with a pen... id have to give it serious thought.

malberttoo

I have an HTC M7, but myself and a colleague have been on the fence for a while now looking for a great Windows Phone to try out. That M8 looks like a great candidate.

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm thinking of switching over to a Nokia 930 perhaps. I'm on a google Nexus 4 now and the phone is still perfectly fine and runs quick as it did when I got it 18months ago, but the battery life is becoming a problem and I'm getting itchy feet. To be fair with all my previous phones since 1999 I upgraded early say at 16 months (contract) and ws feeling itchy feet before then so the Nexus has done well especially for the price I got it from sim-free. (I'm off contract now and saved a fortune in that 18 months).

HTC M8 is windows? I had a look but can only see android version (UK).

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
HTC M8 has a Windows Phone 8.1.1 Version released exclusively on Verizon with an ATT variant being released this fall, I would also expect a Global Release around this same time....

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
HTC M8 has a Windows Phone 8.1.1 Version released exclusively on Verizon with an ATT variant being released this fall, I would also expect a Global Release around this same time....
Ahh, thanks. I am liking the look of the Nokia though> I nearly clicked buy several times earlier! But with the imminent receipt of the Surface and billing I really shouldn't ha ha!

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ahh, thanks. I am liking the look of the Nokia though> I nearly clicked buy several times earlier! But with the imminent receipt of the Surface and billing I really shouldn't ha ha!

Further to the above I compromised and bought a Nokia 635 on ebay as a "cheaper" alternative just to see how I get on with Windows phone. It's not as high spec as my Nexus, but that's not the point of the exercise.