What's new

Who here uses a Windows Phone

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh I just had a look but not sure what I'm looking for.. is it a genuine microsoft one?? I can see a couple of others by different people:
one by Vijay7790 called myFacebook Beta

and one by Area Tech called Facebook Beta 2014..

I'm a bit wary of the windows app store TBH so many apps pretending to be official ones and are not... though I know MS has said they are cracking down on that - especially where people have used the same logos for non -official apps etc.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Oh I just had a look but not sure what I'm looking for.. is it a genuine microsoft one?? I can see a couple of others by different people:
one by Vijay7790 called myFacebook Beta

and one by Area Tech called Facebook Beta 2014..

I'm a bit wary of the windows app store TBH so many apps pretending to be official ones and are not... though I know MS has said they are cracking down on that - especially where people have used the same logos for non -official apps etc.
Its this one....

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/facebook-beta/93da5d29-daf0-4783-9ed5-a87b33247ec6

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's because it is Beta :) It used to be you had to have a QR Code to get it...
:)

Thanks, the FB app was my main source of frustration as it's one I use quite a lot. I'm annoyed as I'm not going to get back home until very late today so I won't have any time to play with my new 930!!

kodos

I love my Lumia 1520! Switched from an iPhone 5s. If it weren't for the lack of a couple of apps, I'd not miss anything about the iPhone. But, I enjoy the WP 8.1 environment so much more than the iPhone. It just 'clicks' with me in a way that iOS doesn't. Love the live tiles, and the 20MP camera with OIS in the Lumia. Natural looking photos. Dedicated camera button as well, which I love.

EMINENT

Just picked up an 830 last Friday. Had a 920. It's ok as as 920 replacement until a new flagship launches along with Windows 10. Perfect size screen. Wish it had on screen buttons as I hate it when I accidentally hit the search or back buttons. And, the luminescent capacitive buttons are too bright. Screen is too bright at lowest setting and auto brightness in the dark though, compared to the 920. This would've been an awesome flagship had they incorporated the 930 camera with a Snapdragon 8xx processor and 1080p amoled and a red color. :D

Maybe some day they'll get it right. Sooner than later.

Gerke

Lumia 1020 (along with an iphone from work), waiting for the follow up with 4G and dual sim, so I can ditch the iphone