What's new

Who here uses a Windows Phone

TeknoBlast

Lumia 925 (TMobile), but waiting very very patiently for the supposedly, Lumia 1525.

Wife - Lumia 810
F-In-Law - Lumia 521
M-In-Law - Lumia 521

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can say I'm now an owner as I've just taken delivery of a Nokia Lumia 635. First time using Windows phone as I'm an android user, but it's fair to say it has suitably impressed me in my hour or so playing so far. I was worried about being able to use my google calendar with the phone but as soon as I signed into google using the link provided on the phone it was all there, all sync'ed with the phone calendar and all my contacts were there too.. Perfect.

I love the look of the interface, which despite the low-res screen still looks great and it's very much more modern looking than the UI on the Nexus4. So far... Loving it!

Plus tapatalk on the Windows phone looks SOO much better than the android app! I'm pleasantly surprised :)

EMINENT

I do. I prefer it actually, but unfortunately the need to run a radar detector app only available on Android has got me using it again.
I've contacted the dev about a port, but stated maybe if he had more time. He's still developing lots to the Android app though so it's not likely to happen soon. Still, i'm sticking with WP and the promise of a seamless cohesive ecosystem for everything else, but the car.

I just got this installed yesterday to run the Yav1 Valentine 1 radar app using a burner LG G2 with a bad esn stowed away in the glove box. Filmed with a Nokia 920.

Personally, I prefer the optics from Nokia. My videos always looked and sounded great due to the HAAC mics used. The sound is fantastic even standing a foot next to a club loudspeaker!

Last edited:

EMINENT

A couple other vids I have done showing my WP.

This one was filmed with my old Surface 2. I edited the music in to match what was playing in the car. So, a bit less quality than above. It was made to show something a bit different than the usual mess of multi-colored icons seen everywhere and the Nokia CR-200 wireless car charger so I can detach and go with 1 button.

I made this one to show my theme and how well projecting worked with 8.1 when it was released as a developer preview. It is actually being mirrored on my pc with the Project My Screen program where you can control the phone using touch as it works on my SP3. The downside is that the program is usb only now. If we could get this kind of functionality wireless, it would be more awesome!

Last edited:

lparsons21

HTC One M8 Windows here too.

Got it a few days ago after looking and reading all over the 'net about it and the Lumia Icon. In my hands the M8 is just such a sweet phone and I'm loving the OS.

Some app availability is still an issue, but for me not a big one.

I came from an iPhone 5 and couldn't be more pleased.

millertime_1985

Been using WP Since the lumia 800 was released.
Currently using the 1020...probably not going to upgrade until the 1030 (or whatever it gets called) is announced/released. Would have considered the HTC ONE (M8) with windows phone, if it hadn't had such a pitiful camera

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
My alarm went off this morning on my Lumia 635 and I went to turn it off but "Argh what is this?"" The screen was grey with lines down it.... I couldn't see anything. the phone appeared to respond to touch and I got notifications etc but the screen is dead :( I tried restarting but no joy. I will try a reset tonight but I think it's a hardware fault... only 3 weeks I've had it too!!

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
My alarm went off this morning on my Lumia 635 and I went to turn it off but "Argh what is this?"" The screen was grey with lines down it.... I couldn't see anything. the phone appeared to respond to touch and I got notifications etc but the screen is dead :( I tried restarting but no joy. I will try a reset tonight but I think it's a hardware fault... only 3 weeks I've had it too!!
Hold the Volume Rocker Down and press the Power Button... this is a soft reset....