What's new

Microsoft Wireless Diplay

r0b123

I could use another too, but didn't see any sales on these? Where are you getting for $50 each? I would like to keep one installed on my home tv while I carry the extra for work presentations.

I wonder if there's a new video driver that might solve this issue o W10? Is this part of the Intel, or Microsoft driver package?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I wonder if there's a new video driver that might solve this issue o W10? Is this part of the Intel, or Microsoft driver package?

None of the latest Intel drivers have successfully installed on the current Windows 10 build. Either Intel needs to release a compatible Beta Driver or Microsoft needs to release one. My guess is we may see one in an updated build.

silkrooster

I bought the wireless display adapter. I found that is was hot after a few hours of steady use. The Surface 3 skips both video and audio with motion. However I found that the Kindle HDX plays HD video smoothly. I have not tried the laptop yet. So I do not know if it is a surface issue or Windows. But from reading this thread, it very well could be a driver issue. I also did not try lowering the resolution to see if lower quality video helps or not.

Gerke

I use this with my SP3. When streaming video with full hd I noticed (for the first time on my i3) my fan is blowing with a little bit of noise ;)

Jose Miguel

Can anybody tell me if this device can be used with VGA projectors ? I mean using a hdmi to VGA converter
I´m a teacher and need to attach my sp3 to different VGA projectors....

r0b123

I would try this, but I don't have a HDMI to VGA converter. If I do find one, I'll post the results.

Nicola

Can anybody tell me if this device can be used with VGA projectors ? I mean using a hdmi to VGA converter
I´m a teacher and need to attach my sp3 to different VGA projectors....
They might be relatively expensive and they might also require external power.
I would not go for the cheapest, since there is digital-to-analog conversion involved and you might end up with a low quality image

everalm

As an FYI if you are just going to play media, video, Netflix etc and have a network connected Smart TV, you don't need this item. Just connect to the same network the TV is on, open the media player, swipe from the right and select 'Devices', 'Play', select your TV which will be in the Devices field and you're off to the races.....