What's new

Bluetooth Mouse for Surface Pro 3

logger

Any issues at all?
I just got Microsoft Arc Touch Surface Edition an have been using it since yesterday. Takes a bit of getting used to.

Scroll wheel being flat is harder than a raised wheel to find but once in use the haptic feedback is good. Only issue so far is it stopped working once. Bent it flat and back Off/On and it came back to life. Less contact area beneath the mouse than my previous one seem to make it glide a little less smoothly across the desk. Looks super cool though.

I really want to like the T630 because it looks and feels nice but it is pretty much useless on a soft surface, like a sofa or bed. Clicking requires too much force because the actual button/switches are on the bottom of the mouse. I think its a great portable mouse for on the go but other than that.....

yonghong

I really want to like the T630 because it looks and feels nice but it is pretty much useless on a soft surface, like a sofa or bed. Clicking requires too much force because the actual button/switches are on the bottom of the mouse. I think its a great portable mouse for on the go but other than that.....
I love it , it's great ?lots of gestures, but my thumb hurts again, last time I took an injection to fix my thumb which cost me $25,I think I will dumb it then get Logitech MX Master Instead, it's a little big though, but for my finger , no choice.

RogerB

I'd like to know if any of these mice are compatible not only with SP3 but also with Windows 10.
I'm leaning towards the M557 if it works with the above. Mainly because of the scroll wheel.

CrippsCorner

Surely every mouse should be compatible with both Surface & Windows 10... is there any specific feature you need?

RogerB

Surely every mouse should be compatible with both Surface & Windows 10... is there any specific feature you need?
I read a couple of posts on Amazon where someone had issues with their mouse not working after upgrading from 8.1 to 10. I think their problem related to Bluetooth connectivity rather than wireless. Most of the Bluetooth mice I've looked at mention compatibility with 7, 8 & 8.1 but nothing in regard to 10.

So can In assume that a mouse that is Bluetooth compatible with 8.1 should be fine with 10?

JoshB

Should work just fine. My Bluetooth mouse has had no issues with the switch. Most do not list windows 10 because they were produced before windows 10 was available.

CrippsCorner

Well now you mention it, the biggest issue I've had with Windows 10 so far was with Bluetooth... in fact it caused me to have to fully restore the computer :(

Basically, I don't know how it happened but it decided to turn my Bluetooth connectivity off. Try as I might I couldn't get it to come back on, obviously starting with control settings in both the old menu and the Windows 10 version. I researched and found people with similar problems who had to edit the registry and change power management controller options. I did both of those too but still, nothing. The restore worked fine (sort of, but that's another story lol)

So it wasn't related the mouse itself but the Bluetooth on the Surface. I guess if you only had one Bluetooth device and that was a mouse, you might think it was that that was having the issue!

RogerB

Well, I got myself a pair of inexpensive Bluetooth headphones. Paired fine for a couple of weeks then stopped. I know it's not the 'phones because they pair and work fine with my smartphone. So it must be the Surface. I can see the 'phones listed in the Bluetooth and sound sections of Device Manager but not in Manage Bluetooth Devices. I tried a system restore but no joy there. I don't want to go down the road of a complete reset. So I'm not sure what to do next.

RogerB

I decided to go for the Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse too. It's inexpensive, connected immediately and works just fine.