What's new

Official I received my Surface Pro 4

Makad

Let's here what you have....
Picked up a Surface Pro 4, I5, 8 GB, 256 GB from the Microsoft store in Indianapolis. Seems like they sold more Surface books than Pros. No wait to pick up my pre order.
Been playing with it. Won't take pics when on front lens, won't print. Otherwise, I like it.

I've had the Atom-based Surface 3 since May.....but today bought the S4 from Best Buy. I loved my previous Surface....but all of the little things that I told myself I'd learn to live with are SO MUCH BETTER now on this one. Glad I made the move.

polbit

Well, I received, and I returned my SP4. I have NEVER had more day-zero issues with any machine than this one. Probably the biggest disappointment of all my computer purchases, and that list includes Sinclair QL and original Mac with 128k memory. To go from that awesome presentation to an completely unfinished product, shame on you Microsoft. This is not how you turn the tide.

New SSD... is... fast. Installed Adobe Acrobat XI standard in about two minutes flat, Office 365 in about 10. That's usually about 10 minutes and 30 minutes respectively each. Fan noise is up on this one from my i7 SP3, hoping that goes down after all the syncing is done.

Still really enjoying the new keyboard and trackpad, very impressive. Screen is nice, but I guess I'm not discriminating enough to see a noticeable difference between the 12" and 12.3", the 2160x1440 and the 2736x1824.

macmee

just got my SP4 and the screen went black and it wouldn't turn on, after 10 minutes of unboxing :(

edit: just turned on, but stuck on the boot screen

PeterP

Just got it before lunchbreak here in germany. i5, 8GB RAM, 256 SSD.
Erveryting fine so far, no problems, the new keyboard is excellent.

Hovesteve

Mine arrived yesterday afternoon. Minus the light blue keyboard I ordered with it. So far I am impressed. Lovely piece of kit. Amazing screen. Battery not too bad so far. Been using it for over 4 hours, down to 50 percent. No crashed yet. Unable to enable Windows Hello. Think I'm missing the driver for the camera. Also can't load TH2 at the moment. Apart from that I'm loving it.

satchel

So, any SP4 i7 rumors floating around? I've heard a rumor that I don't like - it's that 11/20 is the earliest possible ship date for our SP4s. afaik no one who pre-ordered an i7 has seen any auth charges on credit card yet, which supposedly should show up a few days before shipment......

I know my order doesn't say pre-order anymore. It says processing. But unless they ship it next day, I doubt I'm going to get mine on the 11/20. Which is sad that MS picked a Friday. Anything that doesn't arrive on Friday, won't arrive till Monday, 3 days later.

So, any SP4 i7 rumors floating around? I've heard a rumor that I don't like - it's that 11/20 is the earliest possible ship date for our SP4s. afaik no one who pre-ordered an i7 has seen any auth charges on credit card yet, which supposedly should show up a few days before shipment......

Jahx

Received my i5/8gb/256gb today. The packaging alone made me weep, and the device itself (thus far) is brilliant. Set it down next to me at work and let it update. Then update some more. Then a bit more for good measure. Once it was totally done updating, I installed a few work apps, and connected to an external monitor (27" 2560x1440 korean display, dp to dl-dvi adapter), which worked flawlessly. No screen issues, it looks amazing, no fan running that I can tell, and it is cool as a cucumber. I must have gotten a good unit, as it isn't exhibiting any of the issues others have reported. Battery life is alright, I took it off the charger at 100% and it is estimating eight hours till 0% based on the RDP session I have running, alongside a few tabs in Edge.

erik braun

Got mine yesterday - everything went OK. Upgraded from a SP3/i5 4GB to SP4/i5 256GB. Screen is great, type cover is a really really big improvement. Pen looks great too - did not use it much. In the evening system crashed - had to do a total re-install of Windows 10 (from the cloud, went well), but really.... Next time a MacBook X again. Its fine now, but this happens all the time when using windows. It's too complicated, there are too many settings....